Interesting coffee convo this morning....

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
If you like the idea of coffee as a morning ritual...

My wife sells tea and will be doing the annual tea inventory this week. She has some trad Japanese gadgets for I forget what frothy whipped green tea.
Good herb but it makes me break stuff

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
McCrappy!
Not to me. I mix it half and half with the dark Folgers to reduce the total caffeine, and as far as I can tell, it's as good as any coffee I've had, and better than most.

When it comes to my coffee, my opinion is the only one that matters, and I'm 'Happy with McCrappy!'

:)

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Not to me. I mix it half and half with the dark Folgers to reduce the total caffeine, and as far as I can tell, it's as good as any coffee I've had, and better than most.

When it comes to my coffee, my opinion is the only one that matters, and I'm 'Happy with McCrappy!'

coffee is a pretty weird thing actually; I think it's like whiskey and cigs:

they all taste vile until we hook the taste up to the feeling and then basically we train ourselves to like it

and that's when we start fooling ourselves that some kinds are "better" than others

it's all about what you "imprint" on

Duck Herder

Tele-Meister

Shade grown dark roast whole bean ground fresh right before the French press with grass fed heavy cream.

Anything less than that and I can taste the difference.
One of these days I am going to start roasting my own beans. 👍

Reminds me of a trip to Kansas; popular steak house south of Chanute. "Hey, do you have many beers on tap?" "Waaa, yeas weeee doooo, Bod, Bod leight, Curs, Curs leiaaght, Boooooosh, Boooooosh lot!"

"Um, how about a glass of red wine?"

*dirty look ensues*

Last edited:

Duck Herder

Tele-Meister
coffee is a pretty weird thing actually; I think it's like whiskey and cigs:

they all taste vile until we hook the taste up to the feeling and then basically we train ourselves to like it

and that's when we start fooling ourselves that some kinds are "better" than others

it's all about what you "imprint" on
Is there such thing as imprinting on a Swanson's Salisbury steak as opposed to a Kansas City rib eye?

Asking for a vegetarian

MilwMark

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I did not realize that about caffeine content. Light roasts seem very acidic to me (duh?) and my heartburn can't stomach them. So gravitate to espresso or medium/medium dark roasts. Espresso in a nice home super that only does coffee (not milk) - ristretto, espresso, and americano basically. Next day, Mokamaster, beans measured with scale. Mmmm, coffee.