Inspired by 1951 Nocaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by jfgesquire, Oct 16, 2021.

1. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Friend of Leo's

This is just about done, just need to solder a couple wires, string it, cut the nut slots, then install the string retainer.

I'm using a 4 way, but doing blend wiring 1. Blend; 2. Neck; 3. Neck with .001 cap; 4. Neck with .022 cap. That’s where I’m going to start with caps and then go from there.

So nerve-racking this ash body is soooo soft…. 3lbs 11oz. I just looked at it wrong a couple times and it dented.

EBay body, Allparts neck, Tonerider A3 pickups, the only things that were an upgrade were the Rutters Nocaster knobs. Probably about $600 all in including the case.

It truly is amazing to me when I see pristine Nocasters from 70 years ago like the ones from Neil Schon. How is that possible?

Anyway, I liked Nocaster 1924 (not one of Schon’s) and so kind of followed that one and also looked at how Nacho did his finishes.

On mine the color doesn’t look the same in any two pictures, sometimes orange, sometimes yellow, sometimes a dirty blonde.

The Rondo cases are really nice for the price and purpose.

EF95572A-66B5-4E5B-84DD-811DE4C00488.jpeg

ju1c3, JL_LI, Roscoe295 and 1 other person like this.
  2. John Owen

John Owen Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Looking good! More pics please!

3. 57joonya

57joonya Tele-Meister

It’s gorgeous

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.