Inspired by 1951 Nocaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by jfgesquire, Oct 16, 2021.

1. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Friend of Leo's

This is just about done, just need to solder a couple wires, string it, cut the nut slots, then install the string retainer.

I'm using a 4 way, but doing blend wiring 1. Blend; 2. Neck; 3. Neck with .001 cap; 4. Neck with .022 cap. That’s where I’m going to start with caps and then go from there.

So nerve-racking this ash body is soooo soft…. 3lbs 11oz. I just looked at it wrong a couple times and it dented.

EBay body, Allparts neck, Tonerider A3 pickups, the only things that were an upgrade were the Rutters Nocaster knobs. Probably about $600 all in including the case.

It truly is amazing to me when I see pristine Nocasters from 70 years ago like the ones from Neil Schon. How is that possible?

Anyway, I liked Nocaster 1924 (not one of Schon’s) and so kind of followed that one and also looked at how Nacho did his finishes.

On mine the color doesn’t look the same in any two pictures, sometimes orange, sometimes yellow, sometimes a dirty blonde.

The Rondo cases are really nice for the price and purpose.

EF95572A-66B5-4E5B-84DD-811DE4C00488.jpeg

Chuckmick, ju1c3, JL_LI and 2 others like this.
  2. John Owen

John Owen Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Looking good! More pics please!

3. 57joonya

57joonya Tele-Holic

It’s gorgeous

4. Chuckmick

Chuckmick TDPRI Member

This seems like a very cool wiring for having not just one but two different "dark tones" in the neck position! I am also working on a 1951 inspired Tele project and will go with the traditional blend wiring. Would you mind to share the 4 way wiring diagram that you referred? Cheers!

5. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Friend of Leo's

I will do! It mght not be until tomorrow though, ugly sweater party tonight and I'm out and about.

The 3rd way is like the custom shop modified blend wiring with a .001 cap, which just takes a little off the high end, like you've rolled the tone knob down to 7 or 8.

But since there's no tone knob at all, the 4th way gives me that thick jazzy tone that you may like to use once in a while.

George Harrison used a very dull tone on the song Two of Us

John and Paul both played acoustics, Paul on his Martin, John on George's J-200, while George played his rosewood Telecaster as a bass.

Chuckmick likes this.
  6. Chuckmick

Chuckmick TDPRI Member

Exactly, you're gonna have the "Modified Nocaster 51 wiring" just like in the recent Custom Shop 70th Anniversary Broadcasters, and also the traditional early "Broadcaster wiring" with that dark, thick jazzy tone (that by the way, also loves fuzz!)

That sounds great and that's why I'm very curious to know how it could be done!

Thanks for replying and have fun in your ugly sweater party!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.