Infamous Relatives? You had one

Jim622

Friend of Leo's
Mine is Galileo Galilie. So it is said.
1664497299269.png

Jim622

Friend of Leo's
Not to mention the probability in America of having ancestors who owned slaves.
That is far from true. There are no slave owners in my linage. Educate yourself. Practically all nationalities were enslaved at some time. Lets not forget Americas slaves were sold to Europeans by their own as a way of vanquishing their enemies.

Last edited:

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
That is far from true. There are no slave owners in my linage. Educate yourself. Practically all nationalities were enslaved at some time. Lets not forget Americas slaves were sold to Europeans by their own as a way of vanquishing their enemies.

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Catherine of Aragon...plus some Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire. I'm sure that the connections are not too meaningful with all those generations. LOL (I have a genealogy tree going back to the 13th century in some branches)

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
and wish to share? Our family history suggest that Francisco Beltron was related.

View attachment 1034216
Patrick O'Collun , also known as Patrick Cullen or Patrick Collen, (died 1594) was an Irish soldier and fencing master who was executed at Tyburn in 1594 for treason, in that he had conspired to murder Queen Elizabeth I.

Don't really know if I'm related. THAT is one of the things that pops up if I Google my name. But it's fun to reference it....a curious oddity.

Last edited:

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Last edited:

Addnine

Tele-Afflicted
I am a direct desendent of the commander of the Monitor. In the famous battle with the Merrimack, he was blinded early on and spent the whole engagement in a cot below decks.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
My English last name evolved out of a French name from the last 11th century. When William the Conqueror conquered England, he decreed that everyone have a surname. One of his men took on the French name of his hometown. Over the years, it evolved into an English name and dropped the preposition.

So, I am descended from one of William the Conqueror's henchmen. The family settled in Scotland and it was there that the name gradually became English.

Doctor of Teleocity
I come from a long line of folks that didn’t like being told what to do, and were willing to back it up. Their resolve never wavered far from their conscience, but time is clever in matters of opinion and character.

Hey_you

Friend of Leo's
Thank you to those that replied.
I want to point out, that a "Like" is for posting a reply! No the content there-in.