Inexpensive pickup upgrade potential options for Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Custom, HH version

Controller

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I am not sure what issues these are, but I love mine in my Squier Thinline! They aren't CuNiFe - which I have on a vintage Thinline - but they are still nice pickups. I don't know what is in yours (pix would be nice!!), but if you can find a used set of these, they ain't bad. My inclination is that they would be a good place to start.

View attachment 1022053

Yep, tastes and trends come and go in pickups. The RI WRHBs in my '72 Thinline RI sound great and work for what I do. YMMV

willholt92

Tele-Meister
As suggested Iron Gear make some really great pickups of many flavours.
The Tesla Shark (Slash) and Blues Engine are great PAF pickups. I've had both in a number of guitars.

Also Algree pickups have a really great range and have many options in their PAF's, different magnet types A2, A3,A4,A5 and outputs. Covered, uncovered, relic'd ect.

I've got a VM tele too and have been through many pickups over the years, great guitars for modding.
I've ended up with some nice handwound pickups from a UK builder in at the moment.
Fletcher pickups, manually handwound. They are on the more expensive side though but they are great and again many many options for customisation

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Bootstrap pickups! Made in Ohio and very affordable. I haven’t had any humbuckers but the singles are great! HUMBUCKERS are available the 19th.