Indonesian Squier factory ?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by pesci, Sep 19, 2020.

1. pesci

pesci NEW MEMBER!

Hi

I want just let you know my experience on buying an Affinity Tele (europe content)

i bought early September an Race Red Affinity Tele from an wellknown on line merchant in Europe
    Received the guitar totally crap : ding on the guitar , QC form 2 of 5 point check , unscrew strap lock .......
    so i returned the guitar

In Europe , i don t know if it is the same in the rest of the world we have this color but i find a " faded sonic blue " Affinity tele , dont know if it is fsr ? , i went to my local music shop , found it and bought it with really no issue, still not a mex , or american tele but the guitar do the job

Let me show you the serial and qc f orm

First Affinty tele race red SN: icsf2001......
    QC form : no comment

2nd affinity tele faded sonic blue : SN ics2000......

race red photos : IMG_1863(1).jpg IMG_1867(1).jpg IMG_1865(1).jpg IMG_1904.jpg IMG_1903.jpg

Attached Files:

68Telebass likes this.
  2. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

6C0E96DC-BC59-446B-A42C-1868F53E5F05.jpeg Welcome aboard- See you joined in 2007, and waited 13 years to post!

Well, haven’t seen Affinity Teles here in USA in Sonic Blue- so that may be a EuroZone option not available here.

I love the color- my Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster is in Sonic Blue-
    Here it is about 6 years back when I first got it out back with a cup of coffee, mini amp, and cute dog Geoffrey Sebastian!

mojek and rangercaster like this.
  3. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

I believe Cort makes these for Fender...

I could be wrong ...

68Telebass and telestratosonic like this.
  4. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Meister

Nice Affinity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the other one.

I have a 2014 Affinity made in China and I like it a LOT. It's my main guitar right now.

Attached Files:

5. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

This is beautiful, holy crap

6. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

I have 3 Indonesian Squiers that have had no real QC issues. My latest, a CV Starcaster, is exceptionally well-finished.

bls82261 likes this.
  7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

You're not wrong.

I welcome Pesci to this board, but there is no such thing as a Squier Indonesia factory. And wishing won't create one. Once, Squiers were made at the Ensenada Fender plant, but that's been decades ago. Squier is a contract product. Because the Board at FMIC says so. Remarkably well made, often very playable great sounding guitars, but contract made guitars.

Ebidis likes this.
  8. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Holic

I have a CV Tele stock, a VM Tele pimped out, and an Esquire. No issues with any of them. If I have to find something wrong, I would say the Esquire is heavy as an anchor. Truth be told, playing these guitars with the smaller necks has made me a better player. I have fairly large hands, so now now my accuracy with muscle memory is much better. Really noticeable when I play a LP or 335. I've been a Squier fan ever since I bought the VM solid, guitars.

9. Ebidis

Ebidis Tele-Afflicted

I have/had a few Indonesian made Squiers, and have not ever had a lemon. I've been pretty impressed with the quality.

Actually, my favorite guitar is an Indonesian made 2012 Squier VM '72 Tele Custom. I own more expensive guitars, but that Squier must have been made by the right person on the right day during the right phase of the moon, because it's just great.

Funny thing is, I got it in 2016 from a guy who said he just couldn't bond with it. I feel like it's part of my body. Just shows to go ya, we're all different.

10. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I also have a couple of Cort made Korean Fenders (before they moved their factory to Indonesia) and a couple of Indonesian Squier Affinity guitars and a Chinese Squier Contemporary. All are excellent and have no problem standing up to my MIA Fender. Sorry about the lemon you got in Race Red, but I have seen issues with higher end Squiers and MIA Fenders on occasion. One Fender Deluxe (MIA) I saw a few years ago (20 or so?) had a very bad bridge alignment from the factory (could not be fixed as a setup issue) and more recently a Classic Vibe PBass (China) with a ding worse that that right out of the box. So this stuff happens occasionally at all levels.

Glad you got a good one in faded sonic blue. I actually like that much better than the red one, personally.

11. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Meister

Is this one of the circa 1987 ones? I have a MIK red Strat with a Fender-branded headstock (in silver script). Did those come from the Cort factory? Backstory I've gotten to date was that these were assembled in Korea from leftover Japanese parts for the European market, but some found their way to US shores.

Just got a new Indo Squier Bullet Tele--excellent setup and condition out of the box.

12. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

No - these two are circa 2003, 2004. They were a Fender Special Edition Strat and Tele. Not sure about those earlier MIKs. I do know that anything I've played from Squier or Fender than came from Korea or Indonesia are top notch. I'm also not 100% sure that all Indonesian Squiers are made by Cort. There may be other factories and sub-contractors that Fender uses there.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.