Indiana Jones

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
Indiana Jones played a much bigger part of my childhood than Star Wars did. We used to watch Last Crusade as well as play both the NES and DOS games based on the movie constantly. So if anyone is feeling nostalgic for some point-and-click excitement, enjoy this:

For what it's worth, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is arguably a better game. Also, I watched all four Indiana Jones movies in the course of a week about a year ago, and I will say that Crystal Skull is better than I remembered when it came out. It has some nice direct callbacks to the previous movies that are easy to miss if the first three are not fresh in your mind.
I haven't play those, but i really need to play the sierra / lucasarts games.

edited, because that TPB clip was a bit too much.

Last edited:

Hamstein

Tele-Holic
I was hoping for a spin off film - Tom Jones and the temple of doom, in which everyone's favorite welsh baritone has to fight off hordes off evil thugee fanatic sheep, in order to save the golden leek of destiny, all filmed on location in the Brecon Beacons. Tidy!
....but for some reason my screenplays keep being turned down!

rarebreed

Tele-Afflicted
Love the Indiana Jones series of movies and seen them all several times over. It seems I read or heard that Harrison Ford is going to be making another movie to add to the Indiana Jones saga.

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
Love the Indiana Jones series of movies and seen them all several times over. It seems I read or heard that Harrison Ford is going to be making another movie to add to the Indiana Jones saga.

They began filming the new Indiana Jones movie in June 2021. It is scheduled to be released in June 2023, a week before Harrison Ford's 81st birthday.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Best sequence to watch them for the first time?
Go with Temple of Doom 1st, then Raiders, Last Crusade, and Crystal skull for timeline, although the stories don't really relate to each other. Look for Easter eggs that relate to other George Lucas stories & films, such as barrels of carbonite on the deck of a ship.

Masmus

Tele-Holic
I was hoping for a spin off film - Tom Jones and the temple of doom, in which everyone's favorite welsh baritone has to fight off hordes off evil thugee fanatic sheep, in order to save the golden leek of destiny, all filmed on location in the Brecon Beacons. Tidy!
....but for some reason my screenplays keep being turned down!

The closest you will get to that is Tom Jones playing himself in Mars Attacks!

Doctor of Teleocity
I enjoyed the film. I remember, shortly after I saw it, hitting myself accidentally with a flea market-bought bull whip, trying to learn how to do it. That was enough for me.

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire
I enjoyed the film. I remember, shortly after I saw it, hitting myself accidentally with a flea market-bought bull whip, trying to learn how to do it. That was enough for me.
Every kid on my street got a bullwhip the summer Raiders came out. I don't know how nobody wound up in the ER.

Dennyf

Tele-Afflicted
"Raiders" is a great movie. Pays homage to "Secret of the Incas."
220px-Secret_of_the_Incas.jpg

Jay Jernigan

Tele-Afflicted
As was noted in an early episode of The Big Bang Theory, all the events of Raiders would have played out the same if Indy had not been there.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Do yourself a favour and only watch the real 3 films... there is no 4th Indiana Jones movie...
Right on!
If you like the Raiders series of films, one you might check out is "The Phantom." Very similar in nature, and with a very young and hot Katherine Zeta-Jones (no relation to Indiana).
View attachment 940715

The DVD is just $5.99 on Amazon!
Love this movie, I watched this and the Indian jones movies non stop as a kid

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
This popped up in my YouTube feed.

"Crystal Skull" has its moments. I like the beginning and, IIRC, things like the warehouse scene. I could've done without Shia LaBeouf and the end is ridiculous.

Last edited: