Indiana Jones

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark last night. I had forgotten how much I love this movie. Going to watch the entire series over the next few days.

Favorite Scene: when Indiana casually shoots the swordsman.

RLA.jpg

DougM

Poster Extraordinaire
The best scene of all time in any Indiana Jones movie is at the beginning of Temple of Doom when the antidote for the poison and the diamond are dropped on the floor of the busy nightclub and keep getting kicked back and forth around the floor by all the patrons and workers there, or the runaway mine car scene from the same film

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Many people are unaware that like Star Wars, The Jones movies were not released in timeline order. Temple of Doom actually comes before Raiders in the chronological timeline. And why did Disney name a Disney Springs restuarant after Jock Lindsey, the floatplane pilot in Raiders? Talk about minor characters. The Marion character at least, had food service experience...

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
Many people are unaware that like Star Wars, The Jones movies were not released in timeline order. Temple of Doom actually comes before Raiders in the chronological timeline. And why did Disney name a Disney Springs restuarant after Jock Lindsey, the floatplane pilot in Raiders? Talk about minor characters. The Marion character at least, had food service experience...
Best sequence to watch them for the first time?

runstendt

Tele-Meister
Indiana Jones played a much bigger part of my childhood than Star Wars did. We used to watch Last Crusade as well as play both the NES and DOS games based on the movie constantly. So if anyone is feeling nostalgic for some point-and-click excitement, enjoy this:

For what it's worth, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is arguably a better game. Also, I watched all four Indiana Jones movies in the course of a week about a year ago, and I will say that Crystal Skull is better than I remembered when it came out. It has some nice direct callbacks to the previous movies that are easy to miss if the first three are not fresh in your mind.

Manual Slim

Friend of Leo's
There's nothing wrong with watching them in the order of their release. And I know Crystal Skull gets slagged but what do we really want from a goofy B-movie? These things aren't The Godfather. Please pass the popcorn and take a breath.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark last night. I had forgotten how much I love this movie. Going to watch the entire series over the next few days.

Favorite Scene: when Indiana casually shoots the swordsman.

I heard in an interview with Harrison Ford that the day they shot that scene everybody on set was hot and tired, and that they had actually planned some sort of fight scene, but HF was so burned out he just shot the guy. And thus history is made.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
If you like the Raiders series of films, one you might check out is "The Phantom." Very similar in nature, and with a very young and hot Katherine Zeta-Jones (no relation to Indiana).
1642341476878.png

The DVD is just $5.99 on Amazon!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I heard in an interview with Harrison Ford that the day they shot that scene everybody on set was hot and tired, and that they had actually planned some sort of fight scene, but HF was so burned out he just shot the guy. And thus history is made.

Yep, although I think in his case he was actually sick as a dog with the flu or something. This is what I remember him saying, but yeah... either way it was a total impromptu act that made the shot LOL!!! There was suppose to be dialect in that scene between him and the swordsman etc. but naw.... the way it played out was obviously the best it could've been ;)

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Yep, I remember when that movie came out and it was an immediate hit! I think I personally went to see it 3 times in a row, or something like that, and bought the VHS the first chance I got. It was destined to be a classic but, then again, there were a lot of films back then that would be. Lucas and Speilberg, like em or not, can't deny their genius on the silver screen. Those guys really know how to knock it outta the park!

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy movie and I don't care what anyone thinks about it.

Last Crusade (while still great) is my least favorite, and I care even less what anyone thinks about that.

And yes, that's including Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.