1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Incoming NBD

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Fireball519, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

So I have somewhat unusual musical tastes for someone my age I've been told(28). Most of my life playing out has been spent playing in country/blues bands. Recently I met a guy who wants to start a Dixieland jazz combo, horns and all! He told me a guitar player would be great but a tenor banjo player who played guitar would be ideal. So thanks to that i ordered one on Ebay! It's on it's way should be here Friday. Here's the pic in the ad. $_12.jpeg.jpg

Stubee, haggardfan1 and nojazzhere like this.
  2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Good luck!....I'm all for widening musical horizons. Just be aware playing a BANJO may get you banned from TDPRI.......sorry. ;)

3. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Lol between you me and a fence post I've played 5 string for years. I traded it for a pedal steel and I don't miss it at all. I wanted a tenor banjo because it's a sound I'm not sick of hearing lol

nojazzhere likes this.
  4. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

good on ya and best of luck. New adventures are wonderful, and even more so when they involve learning new stuff.

It's possible that someone could mention to be wary of new ventures that involve new shoes or new banjos, but it looks like you're getting one that's used, so you've got that going for you...

haggardfan1 likes this.
  5. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

Congrats and have fun with it.

6. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

O yes lol. I don't buy new banjos. Last banjo I had was a 5 string that I played for years(a Gold Star)and it was used too

7. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

So its here and it sounds incredible!(for a banjo lol). I'm going to play with that Dixieland group next Friday. Funny enough, Mrs. Fireball has played it more than I have today 20190117_211306.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.