Incoming - 50s Road Worn Tele Candy Apple Red

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by telemaster03, Jun 29, 2020.

1. telemaster03

telemaster03 Tele-Meister

I’ve been looking to replace my 2017 Butterscotch RW that I foolishly sold. Yesterday morning I took a look at Guitar Center’s used section a found a limited Candy Apple Red Road Worn for a good price, ran the serial number through the Fender site and pulled the trigger. I received the order confirmation from GC and the listing is gone, I didn’t save the pics and can’t find them anywhere. I hope to receive the guitar, I’ve made purchases through GC used before only to learn someone else had bought the item but the listing remained up for a bit.

I’ve only seen the CAR color on a run done by Chicago Music Exchange but they all have Special Edition decal badge on the back of the headstock, this one did not. The serial number indicated it was made in 2018...did Fender ever do a limited run in this color? The serial number inquiry came back as “50s Road Worn LTD CAR”.

I hope to receive shipping confirmation today and will post pics when the guitar arrives.

lewis likes this.
  2. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Man I had no idea they made a CAR Road Worn. I dig the purple ones but haven't had the $$$ at the right time. There was one local to me the other day for $600 but I had just bought something else.

1revcapps and telemaster03 like this.
  3. telemaster03

Here's a link to the CME exclusive, it sold out pretty quickly and used Red ones don't come around very often:

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.co...caster-candy-apple-red-cme-exclusive/14925078

The purple ones are great looking as well, I still want to get one in butterscotch again for the ash body. The one I had was a great guitar but I upgraded to an American Original 50s...I really had a tough time with the 7.25 radius and macaroni-and-cheese-yellow color of my original Road Worn, but not a day goes by that I don't regret selling it.

Jakedog and Fretting out like this.
  4. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Roadworn CAR would be interesting. Can you see the silver and gold underneath?

telemaster03 likes this.
  5. augustwest

augustwest Tele-Meister

I bought one from Reverb a while back. You can see gold where the CAR is worn off. Great stuff.

telemaster03 likes this.
  6. Kloun

Kloun Tele-Meister

I'm not a big fan of solid colors. I like blonde finishes myself....however, I LOVE candy apple red. It's got the Muddy Waters vibe.

telemaster03 likes this.
  7. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

You must post pics when you get it!

telemaster03 likes this.
  8. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

dang.. thats beautiful!!

telemaster03 likes this.
  9. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Somebody probably removed the special edition sticker. I always remove any kind of stickers that come on a guitar. If I decide I want stickers on it I’ll pick em out myself.

That’s a really cool looking guitar. I’d never seen a red one before.

telemaster03 likes this.
  10. telemaster03

Welp...finally got in contact with the store. Seems the guitar was sold prior to me clicking the "buy" button as I feared. Easy come, easy go. The hunt continues.

11. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Aww, man. Sorry, buddy. Better luck next time.

telemaster03 likes this.
  12. telemaster03

No worries, I hope someone here got it and plays the heck out of it. There will be another to lust after and chase, I'm certain!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.