1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Inappropriate guitar for Church use?

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by 985plowboy, Jan 3, 2014.

1. campbellian73

campbellian73 TDPRI Member

I play a White SG and no one has said a thing to me! :)

2. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

i would say that the les paul that ace frehley used with kiss that had the smoke coming out of it would be frowned on in some churches.

3. TeleFool75

TeleFool75 Tele-Meister

Not sure if the look matters as much as the tone coming out. And sometimes that surprises me. I went into full blown Fuzz on the first two songs last week in our mid size sanctuary with my blues driver and Luna OD switched to high gain. Not on purpose but that's what I got dialed in that week. I expected to get a few comments but one of the founding members who typically complain about the new things actually came up and complemented me and told me it sounded beautiful. Go fig

4. Achysklic

Achysklic Tele-Afflicted

In my church a guitar with a cross or any Graven imagine would not be accepted.

5. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Tele-Afflicted

Yes, thanks, that's a '90's Hamer Special. Seymour Duncan P-90s stock. I added the pickguard. One of my faves.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.