In the guitar doldrums ...

burntfrijoles

Doctor of Teleocity
So maybe buy a bass or a uke.
I’ve got a bass. It’s dead to me right now. 😂
Going back to my roots
This is what usually breaks me out of it. Usually that’s the Beatles. It could be an acoustic piece like “Things We Said Today” or, my favorite slump buster, Hey Bulldog. It also could be some blues.
I take breaks. It doesn't concern me cause history shows i always go back to guitar.
Same here. I’m not concerned. In fact, it qualmed any gear lust I may have had.
Go pick up a bass. It’s a good way to change the scenery.
Like I stated above, I’ve got a bass. Recording is usually my change of scenery. I might go back and remix something I previously recorded.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
I feel like that, and I've got a gig tonight!
It will be a case of turn up, plug in, go through the motions, pack up & go home.
Rock n roll!

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
Tell me about it.

I just sold off three guitars this week, including my only remaining Gibson Les Paul.

All in order to pay off some veterinary bills.

I need to go in my music room and play the guitars I have left, but I need another beer first.

☹️
Sorry to hear that. We've paid out hundreds in the last month for vets fee.
Another appointment on Mon.
Luckily, we had the cash to cover it. Still got my geetars.
Take care!

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
Wow! That’s awful.

No, the beer was really good!
🙂

I can find good cheer in any otherwise sad situation.
And, I really needed to thin down the herd of guitars around here.

Here are the instruments that I am happily left with.
The Les Paul is gone, but the Firebird Zero and the Chapman ML3 Modern fill the humbucking gap very nicely.
A versatile, useful, less cumbersome collection, I reckon.

;)

All 10 guitars October 2022.jpg

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
YMMV but this worked for me: we were having dinner at a friend's house who played guitar. I noticed he had a classical guitar:

-- you ever play that?
-- no, you want it?
-- well, can I borrow it?
-- for as long as you like. Let me did out some classical method books

Something completely different.

Mark617

Tele-Holic
I’m going through that funk right now as well. It’s far too common….or at least with me as of late. I’ll chalk it up to family issues, an old friends passing and work
So perhaps a new pedal will get me out of it ?

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
if I were in this scenario, it would probably be the looming recording I hoped to do that was keeping me from playing. Maybe alleviate that pressure somehow

ChicknPickn

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Take a look at good online instruction, such as what TrueFire and Jam Play are putting out now. You WILL pick up new licks and progressions quickly, from good players who (in most cases) are good teachers, too. A one year membership to the full library of lessons at Jam Play cost me about $90. WELL worth it.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
Take a look at good online instruction, such as what TrueFire and Jam Play are putting out now. You WILL pick up new licks and progressions quickly, from good players who (in most cases) are good teachers, too. A one year membership to the full library of lessons at Jam Play cost me about $90. WELL worth it.
Completely agree. When I’m bored, I go to TrueFire and pull up a course on a technique that I don’t know or a genre I don’t care much about and start doing something completely different. I never finish them but I always learn something that stimulates me. My hundred dollar per year TrueFire sub is the best guitar money I spend.