In Search Of A Fender Telecaster TC 90 In Dark Cherry

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Fishhead, May 10, 2021.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead TDPRI Member

Other than eBay or Reverb, I don't know where else to look. There is one on eBay for $850 and it's pretty scratched up and is missing the back cover plate, plus they added shielding to it and who knows if that was done properly?
    Then, there is one on Reverb for $975 and again, it is fairly scratched up and the guy will not budge on price at all. I think that's a pretty high price.
    Guitar Center has none and I couldn't find anything looking on Google either.
    I had considered the Jim Adkins, but loved the double cutaway on the TC 90 plus the color. Also, I have to say that the Jim Adkins signature on the back of the headstock looks hokey and childish. That's just my opinion and honestly, I didn't even know who he was till I looked him up on you tube.
    So, if anyone knows of anywhere selling one for a fair price and in descent condition, let me know, thanks!
    Sandy...

bsman likes this.
  2. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Friend of Leo's

Musicgoround will periodically get the JA ones, not sure about the tc90s though. I'm not sure how far from you the nearest one would be, but they have most stock on thier website.

Reverb is running high right now, sellers market for sure.

Good luck!

3. Got Twang

Got Twang TDPRI Member

I have the Jim Adkins and am very happy. Got a great deal from Sweetwater a little over a month ago.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead TDPRI Member

I FINALLY found one on eBay last week for a great price...now to change the regular black tuners to locking tuners. This could be hard because it's not American made so I'm not sure that regular Fender American made modern black tuners will fit or not?

5. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Friend of Leo's

It's possible they are made by Cort and are not the same as Fender Ping (Taiwan) tuners, the pin locations are different.

Fender_2_Pin_Locking_diag.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2021
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.