In praise of your 'clean' effects

TeleBluesMan

Tele-Holic
I like the Neo Mini Vent.
1643306751808.png

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I have very basic, easy ( affordable) to use non-dirt effects, and as I play really rudimentary old R&R/ R&B, blues, Country- I'm usually setting these pedals for 1-2 sounds and leave them alone, use sparingly:

On main gig board:
-Boss Tremolo - set to BF Fender sound/ moderate rate
- Boss Chorus Ensemble - set to fast Leslie/ organ tone
- Boss DD-3 set for my own take on rockabilly slapback ( I go for longer delay time, wet MIX)
- of course, Reverb on the amps

I have ( for fun pedalboard) a Donner RevEcho ( combo delay and Reverb) and Donner Chorus ( clone of Boss Chorus)
(These pedals are used with other OD pedals to fool around with some other amps)

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
Who’s forcing you to use the hm-2?

I use a clone of that because it sounds great.
Yes, we all have dozens of overdrives, and yes, we always use the Hm-2 when forced to choose.

But what effects do we use to enhance our clean tones?

Chorus? Delay? Reverb? Vibrato? Tremolo? Octave?

Go on, share your favourites?
g

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Love. VHS tape delay. I use this for so many things. By Demedash.
1643325671529.jpeg

CB Zero Point Flanger. I use it sometimes as an always-on device to make really clean tones sound more vintage. I’d describe it as listening to the guitar on an old record.
1643325811922.jpeg

And of course the best trem pedal ever made.
1643325871528.jpeg

bluesholyman

Friend of Leo's
The Epoch Pre is just before the amp and always on - such clean goodness

The Flight Time is my favorite delay and runs in the effects loop of the dirty amp (Fender Bassbreaker 15)

The Pulse Doppler (re-incarnation of the Lovetone Doppleganger) I use for uni-vibe and tremolo duty....and other modulated creativity that nothing else does like it.

Not shown is an octave pedal, currently an OC-5 that is at Boss for repair.

tempImageJlU0PP.png
tempImage3RfRba.png
tempImageuVxmOa.png

wulfenganck

Tele-Afflicted
I chose my main amp -Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 25th Anniversary - and my backup amp - (you guessed it) Hughes & Kettner Edition TUbe 20th Anniversary - because of the cleantone.
It's a bonus that I also like their (lowgain) overdrive tone, but it's fairly easy to get good pedals for overdrive, distortion or fuzz. But if the cleantone of the amp doesn't fit.....
Well, of course I'll try to enhance it.
The Strymon Flint provides me with reverb and tremolo since 8 years and still sound great, fresh and exciting.
My delays (Strymon El Capistan and Red Panda Raster) also add excellent flavours.
Lately I've tried out a NUX Masamune compressor and booster and it's a great tool for smoothing out the kind of "in your face"-sudden attack of a clean tone and enhance chords for building a solid "layer". The Booster is solely for louder volume for clean solos.
I also use wah mainly with a clean tone, I find the combination of overdrive and wah muddy and kind of undynamic. I use it quite often as we do some 70s funk songs.
That's about it.

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
My favorite cleans sounds right now are W/D\W versions of the following:
1. Simple stereo plate/hall/room verb.
2. Fuzz Face clean with verb
3. Modulated stereo tape echo
4. Compression, verb and echo for harmonics.