1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

In praise of he fender Tim Armstrong hellcat.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by dlew919, Nov 24, 2020.

1. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

I’m not really an acoustic player, usually defaulting to mandolin or banjo. But I love this guitar. According to the serial number I’ve had it four years. It’s comfortable, plays great, sounds wonderful. I like it unplugged or amplified. I love the smaller body. I love the nice balance of table mids and bass

I never thought I’d buy a fender acoustic or a signature model. Now I’m not sure I’ll ever buy another acoustic guitar.
    https://shop.fender.com/en-AU/acoustic-guitars/parlor/tim-armstrong-hellcat/0971752022.html?rl=en_US

2. Rockinvet

Rockinvet Tele-Afflicted

Now I must try one!

3. dlew919

When you do tell me what you think.

4. Freeman Keller

Freeman Keller Poster Extraordinaire

I'm glad you like it. My one and only experience with a fender hellcat was the one my local shop had hanging on the wall that the bridge came off and they asked me to fix. Seems fender doesn't bother to remove the poly finish under the bridge and they glue directly to the finished top. The factory wouldn't warrent it ("that's the way we build them"), the shop sold it at a loss with full disclosure and my pictures of the repair.

Unfortunately that is not the only fender acoustic that has crossed my bench so while you love yours I would never buy one period.

5. posttoastie

posttoastie Tele-Afflicted

I like this one[​IMG]

dlew919 and mimmo like this.
  6. dlew919

never seen a chequered one. Is it an anniversary one?

7. mugen74

mugen74 Tele-Holic

Anytime anyone says they like a Fender acoustic instrument it makes me wonder if that person has never played acoustics from other companies.

8. Taurus

Taurus TDPRI Member

I think it looks perfect just wish I had the funds to buy it

dlew919 likes this.
  9. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

I have a pair of Fender acoustics I love to play. I’ve played my dad’s Martin D28 many times. Do my Fenders sound as good as my dad’s Martin? No way. But I play what I can afford and enjoy. I’ve also played Taylor, Rogue, Recording King, Gibson, Epiphone, Takamine and Alvarez. So there’s at least one person who likes playing Fender that has played acoustics from other companies.

dlew919 likes this.
  10. Oldsmobum

Oldsmobum Tele-Meister

Mean but also funny. You never know though, people used to have similar sentiments to CBS fender electrics... and now it seems people are willing to pay admission just to look at them now. Crazy how things can get turned on their heads in a few short years...

To me it’s a weird endorsement. I clicked to make sure it wasn’t the same Tim Armstrong i was thinking of... It was. He is not known for playing acoustic guitar... or even all that well for playing guitar at all. Lars Friedericksen got pretty much all of the credit in that department as far as Rancid goes...

gregulator450 and dlew919 like this.
  11. BulletLee

BulletLee TDPRI Member

This acoustic was an odd one, I have to agree though. I was burned on a Fender acoustic way back in the early days of playing and never thought I'd own one again. I picked this up at a local shop, I hated the puke green color and the cats on the board, but it plays so well for the price. It is one I'm not afraid to leave out for the dog to knock over and doesn't sound half bad.

dlew919 likes this.
  12. dlew919

professional player he. Have played a lot of acoustics, just prefer electric. The nicest I’ve played is a Cole Clark. My fender works for me. If you can’t afford an expensive instrument, I’d recommend one of these. The Cole Clark was about 4500 dollars.

but mine has a clear tone, round bass, snappy but warm treble. strong mids.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  13. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Friend of Leo's

My lefty Tim Armstrong is my only acoustic guitar and I love the body size and looks of it. I’m more of an electric guitar player, but it’s nice to pull it out once and a while.

14. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

Lefties unite!!

dlew919 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.