1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

In need of a small power supply, what fits Nano+ board?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Dobbin, Apr 11, 2021.

1. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Height is the same as the Cioks DC5, 3.1cm.

Looks like it's only filtered, and what about height? Probably taller than the DC5/CS6 but not sure.

2. Dobbin

Dobbin TDPRI Member

Well I found a Cioks DC5 through a retailer with a good price so I went with that. Seems well regarded.

3. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I agree, they are at the higher price end, and appear to be more expensive in the UK. They are competitively priced here though, based on the buyer needs and all that (see Strymon). If I had a small Nano+ I'd go CS6 this time around because of price/output/quality ratio. IIRC, the DC5 is linear, so there was the perception it was 'better'. Cioks Adam is actually cheaper, I had it briefly. It's switching and probably a better competitor to the CS6, but ouch, the Adam has only 4 outputs.

Cioks kept winning out for me, in terms of ease of installation and power options. That's why I sold off my VL PP2+ and ISO5 (not enough high output), got a used Cioks DC10 and DC7 for the other pedal boards. Because of that, and the DC5 and Adam I owned previously, I have just as much extra Cioks cables as 'standard' barrel plugs.

KelvinS1965 likes this.
  4. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

I have one installed under a Metro 24, which the Pedaltrain website says is the same "thickness" (1.4 inches) as the Nano+.

5. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

6. Dobbin

Dobbin TDPRI Member

7. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Afflicted

I also went with a One Spot Pro CS-6 because it's shallow enough (less than 1.25") to fit under my homemade pedalboard. The channels are isolate, filtered, regulated, and several are switchable to higher voltages. I use a Y cable to power the tuner and another nearby pedal as they're never on at the same time. IME, compressors and digital delays are the most picky about their power supply.

8. Glen W

Glen W Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Truetone One Spot CS-6 fits under a nano. They include a drilling template and screws. And - I can now give my old Boss DM-3 the 12V it needs.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.