In Harmony with Harmony!! Pun intended

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by wood&steel, Feb 25, 2012.

1. wood&steel

wood&steel TDPRI Member

I've noticed that when writing with this guitar that it seems to push me to a different style. I love that. Does anyone have that guitar that just begs for a certain style or pushes your boundaries

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

2. Greg.Coal

Greg.Coal Tele-Afflicted

You'd think nearly all do . . . some more than others. I can invoke that state, however, by playing an acoustic amplified - maybe with some delay, chorus, etc. but even jut plain amplified it comes back differently to me.

G

3. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

I have got seven acoustics in the house (including an early block letter logo Sovereign) and I would say nope. They all have different shapes and voices but I can pick any one of them up at any time and get whatever I want out of them. Never tried to categorize them like this one is best for some fingerpicked dirt-under-your fingernails blues while this one excels at strumming a Stones tune. No matter which one I play I just sound like me.

4. timewave

timewave Tele-Meister

I have to say ,having a few gtrs to choose from ,when writing each one ...maybe the sound...maybe the action,who knows? brings out something else in my writing ! Pehaps its the mood that gtr. puts you in.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.