In Appreciation of my Guild DS-240

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by DAKnox, Sep 20, 2021.

1. DAKnox

DAKnox Tele-Meister

I always loved the look and tones of the J-45, but I could never justify the expense. I do spend more on electric guitars and have various American made Fenders. Maybe because I gig them, and the acoustic is just for strumming at home I find it hard to justify a large outgoing.

Anyway a few year ago I picked up the Guild DS-240. I know its not a Gibson J45 but it was affordable, has Guild on the headstock and I thought worth a punt, it might give me a taste. It's Westerly Collection which I think is made in China.

Solid top with laminate back and sides. I've had all solid before, but honestly, to me this guitar just looks, feels and plays brilliantly. It's such a good deal for the money.

I chop and change electrics a lot always hunting something better, upgrading etc. But this acoustic always hangs around and I love it. The fretboard on this is pau ferro which would annoy me on an electric , in fact I had it on a fender and I sold it as it was very light and streaky and dry. But here on the Guild its fine. Doesn't bother me.

Anyway here it is, recommend picking one up for a strum to see what you think of it .... 20210920_150859.jpg 20210920_150907.jpg 20210920_150917.jpg

2. drewg

drewg Tele-Holic

Nice looking guitar! I do like Guilds...

Blackmore Fan and DAKnox like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.