In Appreciation if the Vintera 70s Telecaster Deluxe

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by DAKnox, Jun 21, 2021.

1. DAKnox

DAKnox Tele-Meister

I dont think I posted a proper NGD thread for this and I've had it a few months so I've posted this instead.

I've always found Fenders most comfortable for me. I've had Gibson Les Pauls and SGs and an Epi Dot and not bonded with them at all.

My other guitars are an American Standard Strat and Tele.

I bought this on a total whim, browsing eBay and thought that looks cool. I'd had Customs before but never kept hold of them, the WRHB in the neck was almost redundant as I used the bridge mostly.

I never thought this would compete with my Strat and Tele but its knocked them down a peg and is my favourite guitar.

I got a set-up on it and it plays and sounds phenomenal. I used it at a rehearsal last night and my only complaint was the glossy neck. For a minute I thought maybe I should try and find a roadworn one, but then I thought, no this one feels right except that one issue. So today I rubbed the back of the neck with 1500 micro mesh paper. It was enough to give it a brilliant satin feel.

I often found the Gibson humbuckers I tried to be too dark and not cut through. These sound big and meaty but still with some chime and bite. I dont think they are proper WRHB as per the original specs but whatever they are, I like. Its comfy with the belly cut. Not as comfy as a strat but comfier than my other Tele that has no contours. Neck plays great, entire guitar feels quality.

I bought it as an umpulse buy to try something different, maybe move it on or just keep it as a different flavour, kinda a third place option to the Strat and Tele, but it has quickly become my favourite guitar.

20210621_153105.jpg 20210621_153115.jpg

Attached Files:

Mr Scallywag likes this.
  2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Poster Extraordinaire

I've not tried the Vintera deluxe, but the older MIM version was also a great player. I hear great things about the Vintera line.

DAKnox likes this.
  3. DAKnox

DAKnox Tele-Meister

Sorry not sure why 2 pics are full size and 2 are thumbnails, if you click on the thumbnails you can sort of see the satin like neck results.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.