1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Improving Reverb on Peavey Classic 50?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by JayFreddy, Jun 28, 2008.

1. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

I love the tones of my Classic 50 410, but the quality of the reverb isn't up to par. Are there any simple mods to improve the quality of the reverb for these amps? Thanks in advance!

2. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Get a Valverb! One of the coolest pieces Peavey ever made.

3. eddie knuckles

eddie knuckles Tele-Afflicted

I love my Holy Grail +

I know it isn't purist. but my sound loves the spring setting. lots of reverb options..

4. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Doctor of Teleocity

What in specific is "wrong" with it?

I loved my Peavey's and the reverbs were great too (sure not BF Fender or standalone tube unit, but still great).

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I was gonna say the reverb on either of my Peavey Classic 50 2 x 12s was better than on my Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb-Amp, but

To tell you the truth, I'm using less and less and less reverb; I might not be the right one to respond. My TRRI sure has got it, though. How-how!

6. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Just sounds a lil' "boingy" compared to my Twins. The PV's tone is on the same level as the Twins, just wish the reverb was too.

I'll look into the Valverb. I like Peavey stuff, so if I go with an outboard unit, that would be the way I'd want to go.

Thanks very much for your replys.

7. telbert twang

telbert twang Tele-Holic

...I pop up an old thread...

I am thinking of replacing my ´94 C50/410´s original Accu 4EB2C1B can with either 4EB3C1B or 9EB3C1B, to get longer decay time (other than that, to my ears the original one has pretty nice overall sound). Is there anyone who could comment or share experience about the general sound differences between the Type-4 and Type-9 reverb pans? I mean, if there are 2 otherwise identically parametred (same coded) pans, except the difference in springs number (Type 4 having 2 of them, and Type 9 having 6? ) ? Am I somewhere on the right way when imagining that 2-springer Type-4 has more that classic Fendery wet splash reverb, while the Type-9 with it´s 6(?) springs would sound more full and warmer ?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.