Impressed by Chinese Delay

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Binx, Nov 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Binx

Binx Tele-Meister

Just saw this review and am pretty blown away by these sounds for a sub $40 pedal! Anyone have any experience with one? What other cheap pedals impress you all?

Chunkocaster and RetroTeleRod like this.
  2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Another Chinese delay from a few years ago impressed me: Joyo d-Seed. I've had mine since 2015 or so without issue. Very versatile.

Chunkocaster and Binx like this.
  3. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

I have the Ammoon PockEcho that's a delay plus looper. It's not bad and it has a lot of the same delay sounds as the Donner you mentioned.

jjudas and Matthias like this.
  4. Switchy

Switchy TDPRI Member

I bought the Joyo JF-02 out of curiosity and because it was NEW for $17.00 USD! It is actually AWESOME! It really sounds more like a overdrive than distortion and I don't feel like I need to buy a "real" tube screamer or anything. It's not a noisey pedal which is a pleasant surprise.
    I highly recommend it and you can still find it for $17.00 you just have to search eBay for this deal because they are also being sold for higher prices as of November 2019.

EDIT: This was my original link for $16.94 It doesn't always pop up for some reason

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Chunkocaster and cyclopean like this.
  5. Binx

Binx Tele-Meister

Just barely went and put an offer on two of the jf-02 on Ebay after that, I have heard a lot about them! One for stock, one to try the mods on

6. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's

I like the Donner Yellow Fall. Lots of great sounding budget pedals these days.

7. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

Donner Boost Killer is er... killer! An Xotic RC clone.

Donner Yellow Fall delay is a very good 'simple' delay.

Caline Highwayman is a superb Timmy-type clone. I think that's been replaced by the Pure Sky which has many good reviews on this forum.

Chunkocaster and schenkadere like this.
  8. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

I have the impression that these chinese pedals are all made in the same factory with the same circuits, they just change the brand name, sometimes the chassis and job done.

I know it's not true, it is just my impression. :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway i've had a lot of them, for the price they sound great, my only fear is that they suddenly break during a live gig but this can also happen with the boutique pedals....

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Chunkocaster and rangercaster like this.
  9. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Somebody somewhere was raving about the Caline White Heat "mixing booster", so I tried it. It's damn good! Supposedly a DOD 250 clone, but I've had more expensive takes on that circuit that didn't work out as well for me as this one.

BB likes this.
  10. Binx

Binx Tele-Meister

Anyone tried out one of those big klon clones?

11. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

Could you be a bit more specific, please. Which big Klon clones? I'm only aware of the Caline Pegasus (standard size) and the Tone City Bad Horse - which is a mini pedal.

Binx likes this.
  12. Binx

Binx Tele-Meister

I guess that was a bit vague. Here is a picture, there seem to be a few companies that sell this as well as a kit version, but no brand name really that I've seen. Looks kind of interesting

Attached Files:

Chunkocaster likes this.
  13. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I’m currently all Donner. Deluxe Tuner>Boost Killer>Yellow Fall(in loop).

14. Binx

Binx Tele-Meister

Just won two jf-02 pedals for 15 bucks each on Ebay, at that price it's a no brainer to try them!

Chunkocaster likes this.
  15. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Meister

It's a misnomer to call these pedals cheap. Many are high quality and a great value. I use the analog delay on the Donner Alpha Force 3-in-1 pedal almost all of the time. Do your homework, there are great deals to be had out there.

schenkadere likes this.
  16. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

pretty sure that's a mogoo pedal... which seems to be associated with mosky. i think they also called it clone central for a bit. they're all extremely well built with through hole components... and some of the mosky stuff is even a bit innovative. the mogoo line goes so far as to clone the brand labeling though... and that's really crappy in my eyes. I've seen more than a few Craigslist listings for "mad professor" pedals that were actually mogoo clones...

that being said... mosky and clone central pedals are great 1:1 clones in most cases. i had that klon copy for a bit and i think it sounded just like the real deal... but I'm not a huge klon fan, so maybe it was just "good enough" to my untrained ears.

their rat and ts808 clones are killer though. the rat comes with clipping mods and does the low gain sound as well as my big box rat (something i think the rat 2 falls short on). their 808 (they call it the "demon") is actually a copy of a keeley modded 808... and it's my favorite 808-style pedal of all time (bumped the real deal reissue off my board)

Chunkocaster likes this.
  17. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Afflicted

Ammoon Stereo Looper I got is an amazing looper!

[​IMG]

Chunkocaster likes this.
  18. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I've got one of those but unfortunately have never plugged it beyond testing it worked so I cant offer any opinion on how it sounds. Got it for $50 bucks delivered about 6 years ago. I'll have to find it and give it a try. I didn't end up using it because I went to a small board and my larger pedals all got put away.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  19. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Holic

I have a Donner Yellow Fall delay. It works as advertised, but will not be surprised if it doesn't last 5 years. I simply base that on the price point. Hopefully, I will be wrong.

privatesalt and Binx like this.
  20. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

That's a great multi effect pedal. I have one too. I just wish the chorus was a more lush.

MrClint likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.