1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Impossible to boil down David Bowie and his VAST output to just one song. But if I were to do so...

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Blazer, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

I have to go with Injam on this one. I spent my teens listening to a lot of Bowie and the formidable Mick Ronson from Hull. I love many of the tunes they put out, but “Rock ‘N’ Roll Suicide” just kills me! (Pun intended).

2. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I also have to go with Moonage Daydream. Just a knockout song that drew me in and still gets to me.

Stringbanger likes this.
  3. peteycaster

peteycaster Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Big fan also. I saw a documentary where Rick Wakeman (who played piano on the track) was discussing the unusual chord sequence. After demonstrating it he finished by saying something like, wow that is good I going to go home and practice that.

4. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yes, Wakeman said that it was bar none the best thing he ever played. And come on, if after his death the general public will remember him as the guy who played Piano on "Life on Mars" there's nothing wrong with being remembered just for that.

There's a misconception that Wakeman played the Stylophone on "Space oddity" But while he DID play on that track, it wasn't the stylophone, because Bowie played the Stylophone and left Wakeman to perform his magic on the Melotron.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.