Importance of the Subject line in your Post ! Please Read

KCKC

Tele-Afflicted
Maybe the title of twanger central post should be

date of original post 09.13.08, title, description (country/blues etc.)

Last edited:

porgy

Tele-Meister
Only a thought! Bess told Porg to ask, Why not have a Tele lick section, where users upload a couple minutes of just Tele licks, then you could download them and use them in your music, copyright free of course!

BigD

Friend of Leo's
I agree with moondoggie here, sort of maybe kind of

Maybe to keep it ordered, you could turn off responses and if someone wants feedback, it could be done thru PM?

For what it's worth for me turn off the responses and if someone has serious comments let them PM. If "great job, Nice tune...." is causing problems turn off responses. Although, sometimes recording techniques are discussed or equipment questions which is the point of most players interest in the thread to begin with. So maybe a general education as to etiquette in the forum is the proper way to handle the issue. Of course you can't learn folks anything to much even with the highest quality teaching standards or instructions. Of course that being said I'm probably not the most pristine forum member on TDPRI.

BigD

Friend of Leo's
I need to start looking at the post dates on these threads. I want to "lol" here but would I be beaten with twisted and warped Tele necks?

I wonder if anyone keeps a damaged or warped neck as a tire knocker or doorway bat or so-on. There should be a Tele gang where the initiation is to be beaten with damaged guitar necks or somesuch. Or even better a Billy Bob Thornton movie where he beats someone to death with a Tele neck.

Now thats off topic, but the thread needs new life so.....

For-caster

TDPRI Member
O.M.G...I came home after a few drinks...read this, & thought? It is a wonder anything ever gets done on this site! Jezzzz...people! Which way is up? I put a song/link for you to hear...you click & listen, we talk about it.. done! Is this a little too much for everyone to handle? I'm not even being condesceding here. I know I'll read this tomorrow & think I was an arse, but... no not really,crazy stuff! Let us enjoy the music!

Frontier9

Friend of Leo's
O.M.G...I came home after a few drinks...read this, & thought? It is a wonder anything ever gets done on this site! Jezzzz...people! Which way is up? I put a song/link for you to hear...you click & listen, we talk about it.. done! Is this a little too much for everyone to handle? I'm not even being condesceding here. I know I'll read this tomorrow & think I was an arse, but... no not really,crazy stuff! Let us enjoy the music!
Have you had time to reflect yet? ;)

For-caster

TDPRI Member
I realize the wickedness of my bold print..please disregard my facetiae post....
but if you read most of the previous post before mine over the many years/months..they do sound easily confused, at best...it's a multi-faceted world!

muudcat

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Since I didin't read the old post on posting subject lines ( my bad), I need to know how to edit my post title. I don't see an "edit" click or am I blind.

riverpicker

TDPRI Member
Listen to the Music/ no reply

I think if it would help that would be good.If someone really likes your tunes then maybe if paths cross along the way give 'em an attaboy, or is it possible to PM the artist? I suppose it might give a better impression of just how much the song touched them. Just my opinion..................................Rick

Lew11is22

TDPRI Member
I think you should let it go for awhile, and see how it develops.

Of course the feedback, may get ugly, once someone actually criticizes someones recording.

2.jpg

6.jpg

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
I need to start looking at the post dates on these threads. I want to "lol" here but would I be beaten with twisted and warped Tele necks?

I wonder if anyone keeps a damaged or warped neck as a tire knocker or doorway bat or so-on. There should be a Tele gang where the initiation is to be beaten with damaged guitar necks or somesuch. Or even better a Billy Bob Thornton movie where he beats someone to death with a Tele neck.

Now thats off topic, but the thread needs new life so.....
Wrong on many levels.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Listen to the Music/ no reply

I think if it would help that would be good.If someone really likes your tunes then maybe if paths cross along the way give 'em an attaboy, or is it possible to PM the artist? I suppose it might give a better impression of just how much the song touched them. Just my opinion..................................Rick
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here but I'll respond to what I think you said.

If you're saying "listen to the original" I agree 110% and even though this was on the radio I listened to back then, I still listened to it to get the melody which I then relaxed on and ended up interpreting it.

Your second paragraph made little sense to me. Were you suggesting we contact the original artist to tell them how it made me emotionally feel? My big problem with Drift Away is that it ranks way down the charts of my favorite Motown and soul.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
I think you should let it go for awhile, and see how it develops.

Of course the feedback, may get ugly, once someone actually criticizes someones recording.

2.jpg

6.jpg
Again no clue what these words mean and to who they're intended. So sort of a waste of space.