Imelda

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Strato50, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

40 inches of rain in some spots. This is Like Harvey all over again. I took on some water. My son and his wife had to be rescued earlier. This is just crazy. Hope my fellow Texans are safe.

Shuster and nojazzhere like this.
  2. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Stay safe, man.

- D

3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Good luck.....feel free to send a LITTLE of that up here to Ft Worth.....maybe two or three of that forty inches. Best wishes!

Shuster likes this.
  4. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Stay Safe Brother!! This storm came in, then just stopped!! Worst kind of storm that can hit you!

nojazzhere likes this.
  5. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

WE had a slight break yesterday, but now the rain is returning. I mean we needed SOME rain, but not this much.

6. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

Yeah, looks like bad fooding in Beaumont, Winny, and Houston areas, and in LA, with more to come. Wishing you all the best....stay safe and off the roads.

7. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Drought to flood. Unfortunately, this appears to be the new normal.

Stay safe, y’all.

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I think the general assumption in today's culture is, if you don't have a high end phone, you simply want to be left alone, unawares as to what unfolding crises may be occurring in other portions of the country.

I was someplace up in Colo and Utah, hiking and camping and the radio we could get, was next to silent as to the unfolding of all this. In other words, Life Goes On in other regions and Houstonians and those in Beaumont and surrounds would be mistaken to assume their "neighbors" in other regions are even paying attention at this point.

I suspect people have been overloaded with "news" at this point and some will do anything to bury their heads, and just block it all out. I had no idea the storm would pop up like that. And the worst was over before I was at all informed. I am thinking now, that a heck of a lot of people have gone from news saturation, to being utterly cut off. Which can be nice, sure, until you have a situation where it is your duty to know what's going on.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.