1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Imagine

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by cravenmonket, Dec 2, 2020.

1. cravenmonket

cravenmonket Tele-Holic

Imagine if we all posted sound-clips of our guitars rather than images of them. We all get misty-eyed at the look of each NGD, but rarely do we listen to sound-clips of those axes getting ravished by their new lovers. I'll take a sound-clip over a boudoir photo sesh any day.

*I want to extend the metaphor, but I feel like I'm already walking a fine line and I have been deleted for being overly sexual about guitars in the past.

superjam144 and SRHmusic like this.
  2. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I'm all for it, but I feel the player factors in so much in terms of how a guitar sounds that i'm not sure what you'd get out of it.

cravenmonket likes this.
  3. cravenmonket

cravenmonket Tele-Holic

I'm not looking to get anything out of it - I just want some honesty around why we love these things we call guitars. My gut tells me it's not because of the way they look. For me thats maybe 20%. So 80% of the posts should be how these objects sound, and how that moves us on a spiritual level.

superjam144 likes this.
  4. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I agree with your premise. A guitar’s value is in its ability to make musical sounds. By posting photos rather than recordings we are engaging in a charade that we love our guitars perhaps more for their looks than their voices.

We might as well be exchanging recipes rather than offering food.

Maybe a lot of us are shy, so we are content to let your imagination supply the music.

cravenmonket likes this.
  5. cravenmonket

cravenmonket Tele-Holic

I love this. My imagination runs wild whenever I get on TDPRI.

6. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Imagine if you could upload mp3 direct to a player on this thread.. rather than have to upload it to a 3rd party hosting site account and get a link to send people there or upload to soundcloud, etc.....

photos you can place directly in a post from your device.. much easier for most...

that would make it easier to get sounds on here..;)

cravenmonket and Cheap Trills like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.