1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Images of your P-90 tele builds....

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Amadhunter, Feb 6, 2011.

1. treadwm

treadwm Tele-Meister

Just finished this one. The new owner spec'd Seymour Duncan P-90 Stacks. This thing rocked thru a Marshall Haze 40 amp.

[​IMG]

2. treadwm

treadwm Tele-Meister

Who makes the bridge you used in this one?

3. tweeddeluxe

tweeddeluxe Tele-Afflicted

That is cool. I bet there's room to squeeze one more.

4. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

5. Amadhunter

Amadhunter Tele-Meister

Wow, ya'll are all tough acts to follow. Mike, sounds like we are in the same boat. I've had the epidural shots 3 times now as well. I have an apt. Thursday morning at Fondren in Houston. Kinda worried about it. I've only been cut in anger before, never by a doctor. ;)

6. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire

Here's mine , not finished yet , waiting on the weather so i can clear it , maple over ash , cream binding , double f-holes , GFS p90 in the neck , GFS 60's hot alinco in bridge

[​IMG]

7. mhainz

mhainz Tele-Meister

We now have one. Check it out in Guitar Owners Clubs. Invite your friends... :lol:

8. PaddyWagon

PaddyWagon Tele-Meister

This is the worst picture ever of a test-fitting on the parts of my first parts build of a year ago, so please be gentle with the out of alignment bits that slipped during the shot :oops:

Those are Harmonic Designs Z90 pups, not dyed in the wool P90s but I like them and they play well through a friend's 18watt marshall kit.

[​IMG]

9. Rustyslide

Rustyslide TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

P-Rails at the neck. Wanted a classic Tele sound at the bridge, since it's my only Telecaster (so far), so I can't help your bridge quest*.

*sounds like Monty Python. "What is your favourite colour?"

10. Blue Bear

Blue Bear Tele-Meister

This is my build. The photos show 1965 Gibson P-90s, but I have some Manlius "Hot Howlin' Goats" cream soapbars on the way. Finished with Tru-Oil. '67 Tele neck, Les Paul three way switch. Thought the body wood was African Mahogany, but now think maybe Walnut(?).9.2 pounds. Now thinkin' maybe black covers would look nicer. IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

11. truittsosebee

truittsosebee TDPRI Member

I just got one of Marc Rutter's chopped bridges for a build. I think it would be a great bridge for a dual P90 build. Very well made and looks great, and keeps the 3-saddle design. Great guy to do business with, too (no affiliation, I'm only a satisfied customer).

12. spook777

spook777 Tele-Meister

Here's one I built for a friend. Sounds ridiculously rad and part of me wished I kept it...but was yet another birthday present (2010 I gave two tele's for presents - this and the purple stained one).

Duncan Tele '59 (coil tapped via push pull vol pot) in bridge, and Duncan Designed humcancelling P90. I made it for him cuz he was a Gibson guy and all he had was a Gold Top with P90s and that satin finish Standard. It was supposed to be the best of both worlds, but Fender stylee...

on the original topic, I placed the P90 so the top (closest to neck) of the pickup was at the top of the single coil rout. I routed the pickguard after the hole was cut to align it. I used a stew mac template and aligned it to the center seam.

[​IMG]

13. spook777

spook777 Tele-Meister

If P-Rails counts...here's my first Tele with P-rails...

[​IMG]

and a better pic of the above...

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.