1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I'm turning into a mad scientist

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by thesamhill, Dec 5, 2020.

1. thesamhill

thesamhill Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I can't stop obsessing about all my brilliant ideas.

Hacked some dusk-to-dawn lights into push-button countdown timers by replacing the photoresistors with NC buttons. Set up a "on the air" light for my home office so my family knows when I'm recording, zooming, etc. Wrote three parts to three different songs. Decided I needed a footswitch to control GB. Made that. Decided I needed to hide all the wires in my recording area so I worked on that for a while. Made my own beard balm. Made a lamp out of an old minnow bucket. Made a sign that says, "gnarly."

I love all of it. It's so cool. It's not the creating part that I mind, it's the "obsessively mad-sciencing every idea that could actually be accomplished by just buying the product" that's kind of getting tiring.

I'm getting to the point where I am buying some selected stuff just to keep myself from obsessing over making it myself. I just bought a mini stereo amp to keep myself from opening up an old stereo receiver to try to hack my own. I have a box full of odds and ends I don't even use or want because I needed to get to the point where I COULD do something if I really felt like it. That seems to be the point where I lose interest.

Send help. And four 45mm M8 machine screws

WalthamMoosical likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.