I'm so sad

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by idjster, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's

This is the Right Place to Tell, as we're all carrying a little of your burden tonight.

Fortunately our vets have let me hold our fur babies as they were getting their final care, so they were never alone.

So sorry, man.
    Peace - Deeve

getbent likes this.
  2. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Afflicted

Blessings to you and your dear departed feline companion. My heart goes out to you.

getbent likes this.
  3. brokenbones

brokenbones Tele-Meister

Just remember that you're doing the right thing, not for you, but for them...

getbent likes this.
  4. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Holic

It's 20 years since I had to take my old chum Becket on that trip. He'd helped me through some tough times. Still miss him with a tear and warm memories.

Thinking of you.

getbent likes this.
  5. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Thoughts sent.

getbent likes this.
  6. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

So sorry.

getbent likes this.
  7. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

So sorry, buddy. Sending prayers for your broken heart. May the Lord comfort you. Losing a dear pet is hard, especially after so many years.

getbent likes this.
  8. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted

My heart goes out to you - I never realised how much I liked that quiet little animal who asked so little and gave so much,
    until that day at the vets when I finally said goodbye,
    and went to pieces.
    I've never had a pet since...

getbent likes this.
  9. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

I'm so so very sorry for your loss, idjster. The first dog I ever had (my bestest friend in the world at that time) would literally meet me when I got off of the school bus each afternoon and walk home with me and was with me everywhere I went until one day he didn't come and meet me (and I still don't know to this day what happened to him) and I cried and cried my eyes out. :(

I've had other dogs but my first dog was very special to me. I picked him up and brought him home with me from the trailer park where we were living after we lost our mobile home to a fire in '85. His name was Brownie. R.I.P FreeBSD and say hello to Brownie if you see him and tell him I still miss him terribly.

Condolences to you, idjster.

getbent and Bill like this.
  10. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Tele-Meister

Sorry you had to go thru that, it's never easy...

We took in our 17.5 year old Siamese last week expecting to do the same as she was peeing out of control, but the vet gave her a shot and antibiotics and it looks as if we have more time, just unsure how much.

We put 3 cats down last year over a 14 month period, and this one is the last of my landlady's clan, so it will be a sad day for her.

We did adopt another cat last year, Siamese, terror he is lol, attacks the other cats all the time,

we almost adopted another Siamese 2 weeks ago, an 8 year old, the owner had to take a job out of country and chose to re-home it. He noticed that it hadn't gone in for shots of late, so made an appointment to take it in next day before handing it over.. Sadly, the cat for some reason got stressed out and had a heart attack while at the vet, apparently it had a pre existing condition that reared it's ugly head in that moment and the owner had no choice but to put it down. The guy goes the extra mile only to lose the cat in the worst possible way..

All the best to you.

getbent likes this.
  11. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

It’s a kindness to take care of them at the end. Bless.

getbent likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

It's getting harder and harder to read these kinds of posts. It always refreshes my loss of Toto. I'm sorry that you are at the point you are in life with your friend. No matter how long we have them, it's never enough. Every week since he's been gone, I make a mark in my little book I keep on my desk. It's now up to the 59th mark, I miss him as badly as the day he left. I hadn't dreamed of him for a while, but I did a few nights ago, I'm always happy to dream of him. I have little Alex now, and he's doing very well, but he's not Toto, and he can't help that. Alex has a home, and I have a dog.

3bolt79 and Deeve like this.
  13. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Holic

I'm so sorry to hear that.
    I've had so many cats over the last 47 years. It doesn't get any easier.
    My Fathers cat passed away at home a few weeks ago, she was about 20.
    Think of all the good times.
    Take care.

getbent likes this.
  14. frank a

frank a TDPRI Member

I’ve been there too. I’m sorry for your loss. :(:(:(

getbent likes this.
  15. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Holic

What a bunch of softies here and hooray for that! I bet I'm not the only one to have had damp eyes reading some of these stories.

Best wishes to you idjster.

getbent likes this.
  16. catdaddy

catdaddy Tele-Afflicted

So very sorry to hear of this. I've been through the trauma of "the last vet visit" more times than I can emotionally handle remembering. It's the toughest thing I've ever had to do. I'm glad that you and FreeBSD had close to 20 years together. May your memories always be of the good times you shared with your dear friend.

17. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

We don't buy our cats and dogs. We adopt them into our families and when they depart, as they must, they leave a void that's hard to fill. My sincere condolences.

18. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Sorry. Always a bad day.

19. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Ad Free Member

Thanks to all for the condolences, and my condolences to all who have had a loss or who have had the memory of a loss stirred by my post. I'm very grateful to have a place to express my sorrow.

I've never had a pet who has imprinted itself so strongly to me specifically. We got her at a local shelter, they had just taken her kittens away as she was feeding them but not eating herself and they really wanted to get her into a home. She was a bedraggled mess but very young and friendly. My wife picked her up to look at her and I was standing behind her. When FreeB saw me over my wife's shoulder she scrambled out of her hands, over her shoulder and into my arms. She wouldn't leave me. So we really had to take her home. :) She must have lived with someone who had a beard like I do and so that was familiar to her. At home she liked my wife but she acted like a puppy with me, following me everywhere, letting me hold her for hours if I wanted to. She just wanted to be near me. She wandered away from the house one time and we didn't get her back for over a week. Tags and microchips really do work! After that she was a complete indoor cat, and as long as I was there she was content. I would often take her out in my arms to see the world, particularly in winter when it was so nasty out. She would sit contentedly in my arms until she had had enough and then would stretch up and lick my nose which was the signal to go inside again. Such good memories!

Thank you again everyone. This is such a great place!

Toto'sDad and Deeve like this.
  20. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

Sorry for your loss ... As a cat lover, I think they should have 15-20 lives instead of just nine ...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.