I'm moving, out by Mon, had intruder come close to,,,

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ASATKat, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Just about a half hr ago I had a tresspasser almost enter my house. The guy was at the door and I yelled at him to stay out. I then had my pepper spray in my hand.

I went outside and he was back out on the street, I asked him what he wanted and he told me to f*** off. He then added how he would/could kick my a** and held a threatening posture. At that time I told him that I was holding pepper spray, 50,000,000 on the scoville scale. Well that kept him from coming in, but he was still shouting "I know where you live" along with "I'll come back".

I'm out of here on Monday but that leaves me with two nights more here.

I have good street smarts and seem to understand most people like my intruder on that simple basic street level. I knew right away what all his posturing meant. He was checking me out for weakness. I showed zero weakness and matched his level, I HAD to, otherwise he would have come back on the property, I believe that. And if that happened he would have hurt me pretty bad.

He started walking away with me telling him next time it will be my g**. I don't own a g** and never will, but the intruder doesn't know that and I'm acting as nuts as I could.

Do you agree I couldn't let go of the power I had over him. Do you think he would have come back right then if I played a wimp? Do you think my bluffing worked? At least for the next two days?

I banked on what he didn't know about me.

Finally, what would you have done?

Tonight I'm kinda scared.

2. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford TDPRI Member

Call the police

3. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

where are you parked? might not be a bad idea to get your car out of range. it's easier to bust out your windshield than to actually attack you.

4. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

Aren't you the guy who had his bike stolen, then you started using somebody else's bike, then they got that one back? Where do you live anyhow? I haven't had interactions like that even one time in my life, and I've lived in a lot of places.
    This was a random stranger? Were they attempting to burglarize you? It's just a weird story to tell with no context. Stay safe, regardless!

Electric Warrior and nojazzhere like this.
  5. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Meister

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    Call me crazy, but I always have my lil Keltec P32 on me when I'm in the house ….tiny lil thing, but it would hurt ….basically a "get the **** off of me" gun....our house was broken into several years back, and there've been several "incidents" in the neighborhood over the last couple years. More than once, have had police in the yard/neighboring yards late at night when I let my dogs out.....Have never shot/threatened anyone, never intend to, but it's my house, dammit.....if you're not invited, stay away....Stay safe, man

6. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

I did, they said they couldn't find him.

Just three weeks ago I had my bike stolen and I posted about it here. My thought is, was yhis the same guy? I think there is a high probability of that.
    I'm so glad he now knows as a victim I would be difficult, and even aggressive. I wont wait for first blood.

telestratosonic likes this.
  7. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Tele-Holic

Use this, then call 5-0...
    Well, might be more effective to use a non-training cannister.

[​IMG]

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  8. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Do you live in one of those cities that panders to this sort of thing?
    Sorry you feel you have to move.
    If only there were some kind of civil authority...

telestratosonic and nojazzhere like this.
  9. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Meister

How did a trespasser "almost" enter. BTW, the Supremes have deemed walking up to a house to knock on the front door, not trespassing.

I think there is more to this story than has been told.

10. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

I would move sooner if possible ...
    Bad neighborhood it seems ...

Fretting out likes this.
  11. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

Never take pepper spray to a nug fight. Call the police and if he re-enters your home protect it at whatever price he has decided to pay.

12. kbold

kbold Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

A lot of thieves these days are pretty brazen, and will enter your house when you are home (often they're drugged or needing drugs).
    About 2 years ago I was burgled. It was 3 in the morning - luckily they woke my son, so got away with only his playstation and the cables from the back of the TV (so they were about to walk out with the TV).
    It's a really unpleasant feeling - I don't know what I'd do if I caught someone in my house.

Power to you - you did the right thing standing your ground. I've stood my ground against cocky guys larger than me - it puts them off and they don't know what to do, so (in my experience) they back off.

What I would have done in your case is let him get in, hit him with the pepper spray, then call the police.

Unfortunately in Oz, pepper spray is illegal (unless you have a shine star).

jannodude likes this.
  13. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

14. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Three years ago I come home and both doors seemed blocked. My thought was the cats knocked something against,,, both doors?? So I pushed the back door open enough to see there wete all my boxes and stuff up against both doors.

It was at that moment I heard someone's voice, wtf?? I became scared and right next to me was a hammer.

The guy stepped forward and he said this was his friends house like three times. Then he came at me. I overpowered him pretty quickly and put him on the ground, and tried to call 911. He took advantage of that and attacked me again much harder with punches and he was trying to get the hammer still in my right grip.

I saw an opportunity and I took it. I had to take it. Behind the guy on the floor was a heavy wooden box, I was thinking I'm tired of this, so I ended it. I hugged and picked up the guy and purposely fell on the corner of the box. I actually lined him up so the box would hit by his ribs and kidneys. I succeeded. This guy was now in total pain and fear and I let him go, but in bad sportsmanship I gave him two whacks of the hammer right on those ribs. As he ran out the door I told him next time I'll hurt you.

I called the cops immediately but they couldn't find him. I knew where to find him, in one of the two hospitals in the area. I know I broke some ribs. I could have tracked him down but I let it go. I made my point with him.

Weird thing I never broke a sweat or had my heart pound, I don't know why. I was 61, fat and way out of shape. Today I'm a biker, don't even have a car by choice. Bicycling is saving me, best health thing I've done.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    bender66, Milspec and MickM like this.
  15. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I would NEVER say, "Stand my ground" here in the States. That has a real negative connotation these days. Now....if you're in fear for your life?.....that's different.
    I do NOT advocate violence, nor do I suggest an "aggressive defense". we live in a topsy-turvy world.

16. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

go get him...nuff is enough

17. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

That guy is lucky. Where I live, he might be dead already.

It sounds like you live in a neighborhood where security devices are necessary. Have you looked into cameras? Relatives of mine have ADT systems. I don't know what the installation and monthly is on that, probably tiered.

But that doesn't help your peace of mind at the moment. Sleep at a friend's house, or a hotel, for the night.

Ask the police to make regular rounds. They should be able to do that. The sight of patrol cars deters some people.

If things get worse, get a Glock 17.

18. kbold

kbold Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

In Oz people don't carry guns, so it's a bit different here.
    "Stand your ground" was only stated as a mental attitude, not something you shout out. My point was that, in such a situation, "standing your ground" (or if you like "not backing down or showing weakness") can actually prevent a situation from escalating. I would not call it "aggressive defence" but rather "passive confidence" - these are very different approaches (and outcomes). I see what you're getting at though.

GuitarKid and nojazzhere like this.
  19. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Nope, the spray was fine in my hand.
    He needs to see I'm a crazy agressive guy or else he could have taken advantage. And I couldn't have let him walk away on the street, that is also an open invitation to come back another time. You have to think like they think.

And I am no fighter or tough guy, I'm basically a peace loving bohemian that plays guitar and has three wonderful cats. I have Van Gogh and a Jimmy Page pic on my wall. I have flowers. I have a great son. My idea of a motorcycle is me converting my bicycle into an ebike, 20mph maxed lol.

20. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Dang, you really do live next to the burn zone. Moving is the safest option.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.