I'm Just Done With Major League Sports

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Turtleneck, Jul 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EspyHop

EspyHop Tele-Holic

I love college sports, especially football. I can take or leave the pro games, except maybe hockey.

I watch the NFL mostly because that’s all that’s on TV on Sunday and it’s a great reason to go out for a beer.

2. Thinline casket

Thinline casket Tele-Meister

I don't tell anyone what to say. And I spend my money where I decide to spend it. You be consistent and stop putting words in people's mouth.

3. Octorfunk

Octorfunk Tele-Holic

I do enjoy the NBA around the playoffs, but I actually just randomly noticed yesterday that I hadn't even thought about sports in a couple months... and I was fine with it.

Nothing against sports, but if there's one thing quarantine has taught me is that the world can survive without a steady stream of new entertainment coming out of Hollywood or professional sports.

Movies are released online, I haven't even thought about going to a theater in months, and who cares? And I haven't paid to watch a new release online either.

I'll watch a game or two when they come back on, but it sure does seem kind've silly to follow them like I used to. Add in a heavy dose of unsolicited politics and I'm fine to keep the personal sports quarantine going for the foreseeable future.

Anacharsis likes this.
  4. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    This was a train wreck from Post #1

Yesterday No Politics meant No Politics.

Today it means the same thing.

Thread locked

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.