I'm in a weird spot:

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by supersoldier71, Sep 6, 2018.

1. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Starting the day before Christmas last year, right after I purchased a Charvel San Dimas--which is a very very good guitar--I started downsizing. I've thinned the stable by six guitars: sold two, given away four. Along the way, I did pick up a PRS S2 Standard 24 :-D

But I find myself without a proper Strat (the Charvel is a "Superstrat": Floyd Rose bridge and coil-splitting) and even more problematic, no Telecaster. To be clear, I really really liked my Squier VM SSH Tele, but my worship pastor borrowed it and couldn't put it down.

I think I want a Classic '50s Tele. It's way different from my 2 PRSs and the Charvel, and I think it's already routed to accept a minihumbucker or P-90 in the neck position. Tele bridge with a P-90 or minihum in the neck is the heat.

2. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

Might I be so bold as to suggest the Tele with one of Robs Cavalier Phoenix Firebird pickups in the neck ? I do so love mine. It will cover a lot of ground . Of course I’m a HUGE P90 fan too though. Decisions decisions :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.