I'm in a weird spot:

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by supersoldier71, Sep 6, 2018.

1. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Starting the day before Christmas last year, right after I purchased a Charvel San Dimas--which is a very very good guitar--I started downsizing. I've thinned the stable by six guitars: sold two, given away four. Along the way, I did pick up a PRS S2 Standard 24 :-D

But I find myself without a proper Strat (the Charvel is a "Superstrat": Floyd Rose bridge and coil-splitting) and even more problematic, no Telecaster. To be clear, I really really liked my Squier VM SSH Tele, but my worship pastor borrowed it and couldn't put it down.

I think I want a Classic '50s Tele. It's way different from my 2 PRSs and the Charvel, and I think it's already routed to accept a minihumbucker or P-90 in the neck position. Tele bridge with a P-90 or minihum in the neck is the heat.

2. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

Might I be so bold as to suggest the Tele with one of Robs Cavalier Phoenix Firebird pickups in the neck ? I do so love mine. It will cover a lot of ground . Of course I’m a HUGE P90 fan too though. Decisions decisions :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.