I'M HAVING FACE UP TO CANCELLING MY APPEARANCE AT GIG #2 OF 2022.

Kandinskyesque

Friend of Leo's
I'm just not up to it.
Physical and mental health is not going to improve enough to play at a gig this weekend.
I was looking forward to re-joining the Elvis punk band I started with a friend but quit 10 years ago to go into rehab. My last gig with them was the singer's father's 70th birthday and this Sunday will be his 80th.

I went for an hour's drive round the Lochs here to think about it, my heart says I want to do it, but the harsh reality is that a room full of 150 rowdy folks in full swing will take its toll enough to lay me up for a week.
We've got the grandkids here next week for the school holidays and I don't want to jeopardise my capacity to be here for them.

Something has got to give and despite the pleasure I'd get from gigging with the old band, the kids come first. I must be getting considerate as the years pile up!!!

I'd been polishing the turd for the gig for weeks.
I completely dismantled it then rewired, rebuilt with new pickups (TV J's). pickguard, some Bigsby parts (lots done to it).
However, I'll just need to wait out until these new meds take effect and I've had my forthcoming neuro assessment at the hospital.

I can't wait to plug this bad girl on stage, but it looks like I'll have to.

1665513149526.png
1665513202433.png

Wildcard_35

Tele-Holic
I'm just not up to it.
Physical and mental health is not going to improve enough to play at a gig this weekend.
I was looking forward to re-joining the Elvis punk band I started with a friend but quit 10 years ago to go into rehab. My last gig with them was the singer's father's 70th birthday and this Sunday will be his 80th.

I went for an hour's drive round the Lochs here to think about it, my heart says I want to do it, but the harsh reality is that a room full of 150 rowdy folks in full swing will take its toll enough to lay me up for a week.
We've got the grandkids here next week for the school holidays and I don't want to jeopardise my capacity to be here for them.

Something has got to give and despite the pleasure I'd get from gigging with the old band, the kids come first. I must be getting considerate as the years pile up!!!

I completely dismantled it then rewired, rebuilt with new pickups (TV J's). pickguard, some Bigsby parts (lots done to it).
However, I'll just need to wait out until these new meds take effect and I've had my forthcoming neuro assessment at the hospital.

View attachment 1039026 View attachment 1039027

It's a hard decision to make, but it sounds like you're making the right one. Take care of yourself and feel better and maybe you can get back out there and give them a hunka-hunka burning love sometime soon.

Blue Bill

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Hi K, aw man, that sucks, sorry you are having troubles. I hope you are back at it soon. I love that Tele!!

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
what ever choice you make its in your best interest either way , you want to do the gig , but you are leary of the toll , I found if there was a gig I was not really into once I got on stage the worries were all gone then I was hyped for a few days after .

damn to be 20 again when you could party for days never sleep and get up for work each day do your shift and start again
( that ship sailed,LOL)

best of reguards what ever you choose!

lil scotty

Tele-Holic
I'm just not up to it.

View attachment 1039026 View attachment 1039027
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Sounds like your priorities are solid. Man, that guitar is sweeeeeeet looking! I bet that, alone, complicated your decision.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Your health is by far more important, but could there be a compromise? You clearly want to play, just not feeling up to the gig and the crowd. Could you just play part of the show? It would be a win-win for everyone involved and who knows, you might end up feeling more capable once you get going?

Back in my Marathon days, I always made a pact with myself that if I didn't feel like going out for the training run, I would still gear up and just walk for 10 minutes on the route. If I still didn't feel up for the run, I go home and rest up. Out of 25 years of running, I only walked back home 3 times. Once I started, I almost always felt willing and would often have some of my best runs.

I even ran a local 10 miler with the flu once. I was a mess, I had every symptom (fever, body aches, cough, sore throat, nausea) but I trained hard for the race and you can't wear the race shirt unless you at least started the event (runner's law). So, I showed up with the intention of just starting behind everyone else and bowing out at 3 miles. I ended up finishing the race with my second best time ever!

So, maybe go into it with the understanding up front that you just want to play a few songs and then bow out if you feel the need. Who knows what might happen?

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
Wait until you have found the right meds. I have seen quite a few try to do too much too fast, when it comes to switching meds. The reason why there are so many for each type of problem is that each persons' brain chemistry is different. You have to try several until you find the one that works for YOU! Be patient. It's gonna take a while. Better to sort it out now, than to have a breakdown while on stage with a bunch of people, drunk going, WTF? Your terms. No one elses.