I'm going to stay 100% sober every day for the rest of my life

Big_Bend

Poster Extraordinaire
Anyone else determined to stay 100% sober every day for the rest of their lives?

I will never again indulge in any intoxicant ever again, forever. No more ganja, no more alcohol of any type.. nothing, ever again.

Its been 3 weeks since I last indulged in the green stuff, and 2 weeks since I had my last drink of alcohol...

I miss my glass of red wine in the evenings.. but it is critical for several health reasons that I NEVER partake in any of this stuff ever again, never!

So far so good but I know there will be some rough times. I'm going to miss it when I go camping, I'm going to miss the margaritas when I go out to eat Mexican food.. I'm going to miss the beer and wine when hanging out with friends.

I've done more than I should have in the past, and survived, but it is critical that I stay 100% sober every day from now on, no matter what.

Anyone else feel the same?

Good luck ya'll...

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
This will turn out to be the BEST decision you've ever made in your life. Best of luck to you man. Indeed, you will not be able to imbibe ever again, not even a little bit, or else you'll undo all your efforts. Stick to the plan, and you'll thank yourself later. The hardest will be the first few months but if you resist the temptations, and there will be plenty of em, you'll do just fine. Resist resist resist! Stay sober! Stay sober! You can do it!

Dismalhead

Poster Extraordinaire
Never said I'd never drink again, but I'm 16 years sober this Labor Day. Biggest thing for me was figuring out I could still have fun without a buzz, 'cause it went with a lot of activities in my head (all the fun ones). One of the hardest for me was learning to play music sober - which I had never done in the past.

Good job and good luck. It gets easier as time goes on.

SuprHtr

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I'm not personally ready to abstain 100% but I strongly encourage anyone who has arrived at that decision. Almost 3 years ago I stopped using tobacco products, and my method has always been cold turkey. When you are ready, you are ready. Nothing like this is easy. You have my prayers.

Nubs

Friend of Leo's
Man, I sure do admire you for your determination! Life gets hard and sometimes we depend on crutches to get us through. And sometimes those crutches aren't really helpful in the big picture. It takes real strength to throw those away and good on you for doing it!

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
Anyone else determined to stay 100% sober every day for the rest of their lives?

I will never again indulge in any intoxicant ever again, forever. No more ganja, no more alcohol of any type.. nothing, ever again.

Its been 3 weeks since I last indulged in the green stuff, and 2 weeks since I had my last drink of alcohol...

I miss my glass of red wine in the evenings.. but it is critical for several health reasons that I NEVER partake in any of this stuff ever again, never!

So far so good but I know there will be some rough times. I'm going to miss it when I go camping, I'm going to miss the margaritas when I go out to eat Mexican food.. I'm going to miss the beer and wine when hanging out with friends.

I've done more than I should have in the past, and survived, but it is critical that I stay 100% sober every day from now on, no matter what.

Good luck ya'll...
No, I don't feel the same. Why do you feel that way?

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire

Good luck ya'll...
I really appreciate your inspired enthusiasm, and as an alcoholic - drug addict in recovery for the last 37 years one day at a time consecutively, I find it easy to not drink or use just for today.
I wake up, and don't use today. That's what works for me .
Never drinking or using aging is a long long long long time, which is more than I could ever bear the thought of .
But not drinking and using just for today assures me that I will recognize the person that I wake up with in the morning.

brown bear.jpg

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I don't drink, and I will not drink again. The end of this year will make twenty-five years since I've had a drink. I don't do anything else either. Anything that alters one's consciousness makes ME weaker in dealing with life. Some of the things I've faced during my abstinence, I've needed every ounce of strength I could muster.

Blue Bill

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Wow, BB sounds like you are off to a good start and headed for a healthy life. You don't have to be buzz free for the rest of your life, just till bedtime each day. I've been thinking about going clean and pure myself; you are an inspiration.