1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

i'm for new compressor

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by funkysoul, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

If you don't need that total rubber squish and you want tone and versatility.. the Keeley plus is affordable and awesome.

2. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

MIJ Boss CS3 user here. It’s very versatile.. it can act as a limiter (my main use) a mild compressor and a strong squashy compressor and a tone control offers a control of the jangle.

i also use a lexicon compressor patch a lot for a more ‘studio’ transparent sound when recording but I’ve had the CS3 on my live rig for years.

The power of the CS3 works against though in reviews it as it can get quite extreme - so someone just maxing out the knobs won’t get a full impression of its versatility.

3. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

I’ve had most of the usual suspects, including the Origin Cali76 Compact. The Boss CP-1X does it all, and is the best compressor pedal available in my humble opinion. It does everything from subtle/transparent to squashed, and it has less noise than any compressor pedal I’ve tried.

4. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Holic

well i just choose that i will go for a BOSS CP1X.for 150 euros i think its a decent compressor

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.