1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I'm bored

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by golfnut, May 9, 2020.

1. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

So the things I do out of boredom with this lockdown that I don't normally do. Decided to open up my amp and get some shots of the inside and check what tubes Tone King had put in them.
    Couldn't get any shots as the amp is all incased and I didn't want to go through whatever I had to take apart to get in to the electronics.
    I checked out the tubes and power tubes are TAD, theres a mullard 12AT7 for the reverb driver that I put in a while back and the 12AX7's are all TAD except for V1 which is an ARS as pictured below. I haven't heard of ARS. Do these have a good reputation. Just wondering if there is a specific reason why Tone King would have used it in V1 or did they just run out of TAD that day and thats what they had.

[​IMG]

2. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

I believe ARS is a wholesaler that rebrands and sells tubes. I had some ARS tubes that came in my Suhr Badger 18 head. I have since replaced all of them.

Wally and Paul G. like this.
  3. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Better and more pics might reveal what tube that is that has been rebranded. My guess is that it is ?Chinese.....but noth8ng in the picture leads me to that conclusion.

4. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

Allied Radio Service IIRC. Definitely NOT a manufacturer, that tube was made by someone else and branded ARS.

5. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Afflicted

Russia and China and other country's then rebranded.
    I dug alittle deeper(their webpage)I might have to place an order now.:)

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  6. dan40

dan40 Friend of Leo's

A California based company that sells rebranded tubes to many of the amp manufacturers. I have also seen them in Friedman amps. They also sell a line of electrolytic caps that many Marshall clone builders use in their amps.

http://www.arselectronics.com/ARSWEB/CapPage2.html

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.