I'm back. Looking for a telecaster.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
But screw that, all that may be true but I've decided I have the money and I am buying me a telecaster.

Now you're speakin' my language! Attaboy! 50's classic - Yes, all the ones I've inspected seem to be very well made. Nice. I'd also recommend keeping an eye out on TDPRI's Classifieds section. I've seen some darn good deals out there in the past. My best advice is - be patient. The right one will come along at the price you want to pay, maybe sooner than you think ;) Good luck and welcome back, man! Be sure to post some pics of the one you get, when you get it!

drewg

Tele-Afflicted
Hi Chick-N-Picker. So I was reading through this whole thread to see what you ended up with. What tele did you end up with?

I like to think whatever you found found you. Be open to whatever comes your way, even if it wasn’t exactly what you were looking for or what you were expecting.

If you’re looking for a deal it seems like Craigslist is the only way to go. Just got to be patient.

But yes, it is important that you like it. You deserve a good guitar!

Be well! ✌️

AndrewG

Friend of Leo's
Btw, regarding finish ..I'm still trying to figure if there's a benefit having one over the other on a solid body.
There is no real benefit-other than in aesthetics if that's important. As far as I am aware Fender's 'lacquer' finish is applied over a poly undercoat anyway, not directly to either painted or bare wood.
Personally I'm not a fan; I've owned several nitro finished guitars where the lacquer on the neck still felt sticky and uncured after a couple of years; notably a 2004 Les Paul Custom.

Last edited:

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
Latest activity from Chick-N-Picker was January this year. You may have a long wait before you get an answer. 😟

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
Hi Chick-N-Picker. So I was reading through this whole thread to see what you ended up with. What tele did you end up with?

I like to think whatever you found found you. Be open to whatever comes your way, even if it wasn’t exactly what you were looking for or what you were expecting.

If you’re looking for a deal it seems like Craigslist is the only way to go. Just got to be patient.

But yes, it is important that you like it. You deserve a good guitar!

Be well! ✌️

I hope he he got something he likes, but I hope he realized it's just a thing. This specific model isn't going to get cheaper, and we live in a world chock full of cheap and useful electric guitars.

Gary in Boston

Friend of Leo's
Yes life's too short and the good news is there are only about a million Telecasters out there looking for a home so .......................................

drewg

Tele-Afflicted
Latest activity from Chick-N-Picker was January this year. You may have a long wait before you get an answer. 😟

Yeah, I saw that too. Some of us go away awhile and come back when we feel ready. Hoping that’s the case with Chick-N-Picker. With a name like that this seems a good place for him. Hope to see him when he’s ready. 🤞

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
Yeah, I saw that too. Some of us go away awhile and come back when we feel ready. Hoping that’s the case with Chick-N-Picker. With a name like that this seems a good place for him. Hope to see him when he’s ready. 🤞
I recently took a little break, but life goes like that, puts stuff in the way. We had a lot of renovation at home, so all things hit the fan, so we could get stuff done, plus at that point I stopped playing too. Back up and running now though. Here's hoping @Chick-N-Picker is back in the fold soon.