I'm a star!

Ironwolf

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
I made an unexpected appearance on the local news last night. The local news was doing coverage of the primary elections, and they came into the precinct site where I was voting to talk to the clerks and note the number of voters on hand. I was on camera at my voting station for most of their report. I'm sure my appearance is easily deserving of an Emmy.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I made an unexpected appearance on the local news last night. The local news was doing coverage of the primary elections, and they came into the precinct site where I was voting to talk to the clerks and note the number of voters on hand. I was on camera at my voting station for most of their report. I'm sure my appearance is easily deserving of an Emmy.
So....you have photo proof you actually voted? Hope you did it at the correct precinct. ;)

Ironwolf

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Same precinct it's been for 25 years. and the polling site is less than two blocks from my house.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
You might have to wait quite a while for recognition. In about 1970 I was on TV twice over the Easter weekend. On Good Friday I was to be seen close to the finishing line of the World Coal Carrying Championships in Gawthorpe, and two days later close to Fred Trueman at the Knurr and Spell world Championships. Sadly no Emmy or Bafta awards as yet.

For those who have not experienced the sport, here was a 1972 World Championship;

and again 1972 the Coal Carrying Championship

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
Emmy? Heck, I'm waiting for the movie version and you winning an Oscar

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I don't know about an Emmy but I'm glad you voted and I'd give you an award just for that!:)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
If you'da just wove then we'd all know who you wuz!

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The primaries were "funny" this year. I didn't as much vote for candidates, as I was voting against the whack-a-doodles. Sad state of affairs.
Indeed. There are certainly plenty of doodles out there that deserve to be whacked. Glad you did your part!;)

dsutton24

Doctor of Teleocity
There was a fire down the street from our house. I couldn't tell for sure which house was burning so I walked down there. A news twinkie from a semi-local TV station came up to me, stuck a microphone in my face, and asked me if I knew what was going on. I summoned up my best yokel accent, "Dat house? 'S on FARR!"

You hear the expression, "She threw her hands in the air"? It really happens sometimes.

BryMelvin

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I'm jealous. It's been years since I was on the evening news. Come to think of it I almost always had to say, "I can neither confirm nor deny" to avoid getting in trouble!

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Just be prepared for your wife to steal your Emmy award when it comes to the divorce, just like mine did with my Blue Peter badge I won for appearing on the programme.