I'm a bad person

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
1667657501042.jpeg

1667657588640.jpeg

It’s one thing, if you need a little help and it’s legitimate anxiety that you can ask for assistance with.

But as a choice - it’s the wrong one.

There’s nothing romantic or cool about it.

Life is better on the other side.

Come on! Here we are living in the golden age of the dog! Where dogs are revered beyond all others!

Well, just like them - we’re pack animals.

So all y’all that are pro-hermit have made the choice to turn into - cats !

Think about it while you’re licking your forearm to wash your face…

Pretty crazy that mine should be the minority opinion !

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
Well, I read your whole post and the first thing I thought was that maybe you just didn’t feel like playing video games.
So the arcades are back ? here we have a few video game bars, but nothing as an arcade.

8bit

Tele-Meister
I saw this movie on cable right after it came out. And besides being one of the better Jim Carrey movies, even though no one ever thinks about it, I let it change my life.

Long story short, for about a year and a half after I saw that movie , I basically just said “yes” to any offer to do some thing social or offer assistance or anything.

Because, in my late 40s, I realized I hadn’t had any social life outside of my immediate family. And even then, I would say no to doing social activities with my wife.(“No, you go, we don’t have to get a sitter, I’ll just watch Gus…”)

After the first couple of months, it got to be reflexive where I would almost jump the gun if someone said, “hey you wanna go to that show for that really weird band ?” I would just immediately say yes no matter if they had even told me who the band was.

After a year and a half my life was waaaaay better.

Seriously.

I joined a band, met a load of people, and did things I could tell stories about.

You know, when you see somebody you haven’t seen in a long time and they say “hey man, so what have you been up to ?”

Don’t you wanna actually have things to tell them? Other than just “I don’t know , not much”…

That's basically the realization I had as well. Life is meant to be experienced. Not isolated inside a comfort zone. I used to never really travel or care about meeting new peoplevor trying new things. And my life was just... the same. Year after year. And if I were being completely honest, it wasn't particularly satisfying or happy.

tery

Doctor of Teleocity
An only child will develop the ability to amuse themselves and feel comfortable being alone.