I'm 95% sure I have diabetes

Wyzsard

Friend of Leo's
The cause of insulin resistance is dietary fat. Please take the time to look in to this. When you hear of type ii being cured or reversed, you will find the diets are addressing the fat issue
You mean saturated vs good fats ?

I did reduce my saturated fat to nearly none at all, save for what little is in certain whole foods. I greatly increased my monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.

Wyzsard

Friend of Leo's
Inflammation is not good and contributes to several diseases.
This video mentions covid but that's not the focus.

old soul

Tele-Holic
I just joined the pre-diabetes club recently. My blood sugar is nowhere near your # but enough where the Dr said to be aware of what I'm eating, and I am. I love carbs! Pasta, rice, bread, all that stuff. That's my hurdle. I'm approaching it like I'm re-learning about nutrition, and I'm now checking labels as I prepare meals. Fortunately for me the wife is pretty serious about nutrition, so that helps.
I guess my days of ass-busting labor are over as far as I'm concerned, because I simply cannot take in as many calories as I need by eating carrot sticks and stuff, and I don't imagine eating handfuls of meat without carbs is very convenient in most situations.
The bell is going ring for each of us one day, but proper diet and nutrition can push it off as long as possible.

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
I used to work with a guy who was diabetic, very lifestyle-related -- massively overweight, heavy drinker, smoker.... Anyway he was diagnosed, had things sorta stable but no doubt his doctor would have had a word or two about the amount of eating and drinking still going on.
So he had his blood glucose meter at work, and one day he was testing other people's blood sugar at breaktime for a laugh. One of my other colleagues, a guy who was a bit overweight but not ridiculously unhealthy, tested out in the upper 200s. He went to see his doctor next morning, was referred immediately to diabetes clinic and the diagnosis confirmed that day: he's been on controlled diet and insulin since then. If he had not tested his blood sugar on a whim who knows whether he would have been diagnose before something catastrophic happened: that joky bloodtest very likely saved his life.
So for the OP - fingers crossed all works out well for you, and congratulations on doing the right thing and getting professional medical advice when you spotted a problem!

Barquentine

TDPRI Member
I was diagnosed with type 2 around two years ago while in hospital for an unrelated issue. It explained a lot - I was incredibly tired all the time and would nap for three hours during the day even after a good night's sleep. I've managed to get it under control mainly through a change of diet and a drastic reduction in booze consumption. My nurse advised me to switch to white spirits if I fancied a drink - vodka and gin. I like a G & T but my favourite tipple is Guinness. I've lost a lot of weight and now allow myself a few pints of the black stuff each week - I can't live without it. I hope you get yours under control. I will say that I got some very conflicting advice from different health care professionals. Some of it you need to figure out yourself.

Kev-wilson

Tele-Meister
I've had a T1 diabetes hiccup this week with a faulty Tresiba cartridge, I had to change it mid way as it stuck as I was trying to inject it, 'meh' I thought but the last 2 days my bloods have been high so the fault must have started the night before it jammed.

I gave it a mild dose of swearing at yesterday and a couple of stronger words today and quite a few extra units of fast acting insulin and expect normal service to return in the morning 😂