Illinois - Twangin' in the Land of Lincoln

Unionjack515

Tele-Afflicted
Batavia here. And a perennial Naperville Ribfest visitor...normally a decent lineup of band there year-to-year! I've seen Steve Miller, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, the Doobie Brothers and Heart amongst others! Cheap Trick too, but I believe that was The Last Fling, not Ribfest, if I'm not mistaken.

craigs63

Tele-Holic
Batavia here. And a perennial Naperville Ribfest visitor...normally a decent lineup of band there year-to-year! I've seen Steve Miller, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, the Doobie Brothers and Heart amongst others! Cheap Trick too, but I believe that was The Last Fling, not Ribfest, if I'm not mistaken.

It's gotten too big and "popular" for me, I think the best unexpected music experience I had was seeing Firefall at one of the secondary stages in like a 1 pm slot. I thought, "oh, we'll hear the 1 song". But I probably knew 11 out of the 12 they played. Because I owned and operated an AM radio between 1974 and 1978. I think I've seen Frampton, Roger H. from Supertramp, and a few others there.

stringslinger

Tele-Holic
Lived in Springfield, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign, and Decatur at different points. Still make it up to Effingham to play a couple gigs every year. Used to work for Samuel Music in one of their branches (now closed for some time). While I have a lot of friends and family in Central IL, I'm happy I took the chance and moved.

JuneauMike

Poster Extraordinaire
I grew up in Springfield, went to college in Charleston and have lived in Sterling and spent a summer in Collinsville, Belleville area. Also did AF tech school in Rantoul.

Nice state to drive through every few years as long as you've got an endless supply of tunes, but otherwise don't miss it much.

daddyplaysbass

Tele-Afflicted
Lived in Freeport - sleepy little town between Galena and Rockford, many years ago.
1642533873658.png