If you own a Mustang Gt when the new GTX comes ou...

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Stratguy70, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Stratguy70

Stratguy70 TDPRI Member

I think Fender is doing right by it's customers here.
    Apparently, from what I understand, the GT owners will receive the new updates of the GTX. Now that is fair to customers, isn't it?

I am very pleased with the updated GT. I was upset with the first released units.

The new GTX excites me, and I anticipate they are going to knock it out of the park with this one, because it includes the best of the GT and more.

I love the classic looks and quality box and speaker improvement amoung other improvements are welcome to win us Mustang lovers back.

Even the Fender reps seem to show a recognizable confidence in these I never saw in the previous released version.
    I'm excited and have one on order as soon as possible.
    Let's hope we all can find something great this time 'round, I think they are going to make it up to us!
    Cheers guys.

Gardo, Fretting out, krrtlr1 and 2 others like this.
  2. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Not only that but the new footswitch will work with the GT. I have a GT100 and now i have a GTX on preorder that should arrive mid march. I will be comparing them in may ways including testing the speakers to see if the GTX speaker actually is an improved one and trying each amp thru the other amp's cab to see if the cab is improved tonally. I am hoping that before my 45 day guitar center trial period is up the firmware is released for the GT so i can truly compare. I love the GT and really think those who don't either didn't have one or if they did they sold it b4 the october 2018 MAJOR update or both. Because i get some excellent tones from mine that are not remotely muffled or any of that which the nay sayers were spouting.

I may end up returning the GTX if the GT with the firmware sounds as good. But they supposedly tweaked the speaker, acoustically tweaked the cab and possibly made other hardware enhancements and hopefully fixes to the issues the GT has like dropout issues. With that and the fact that if i keep the GT i'd have to buy the new footswitch which is $100, keeping the GTX100 is the far more likely way i'll go. It comes with the switch unlike the GTX50. I got 15% off and the total was about $460, so not having to spend $100 on the switch and selling my GT i won't be out much. So likely i will keep it. Plus like u i also far prefer the look over the GT with it's ugly grill that looks like they used black bed sheet.

3. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

sounds ok

4. Stratguy70

Stratguy70 TDPRI Member

I'll be interested in hearing your observations. The footswitch included and selling your GT and starting fresh with a new model might be a great option, I'm thinking of doing that.

Also, I would imagine that you would have to give it some time for the new speaker to break in before you make any sound judgements?

5. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I bought a Boss Katana but at the time I would've liked the choice. Still happy with the Boss ) Roland).

Stratguy70 likes this.
  6. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Yes, but I'm going to be eliminating the cab and speaker by plugging each amp into the other's cab. (make a cable that goes from one amps speaker to the other's speaker wires and then visa versa. I have a different speaker in my GT but will put the stock one back for testing. I wanna know what is responsible for what i am hearing from each amp. But i will only do this is the GT gets the new firmware before the 45 day return policy times out or if i decide to keep the GTX no matter what. .

Stratguy70 likes this.
  7. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

fender should make a head version so we can use our own speakers. also the head should be stereo.

Hoodster and Stratguy70 like this.
  8. Stratguy70

Stratguy70 TDPRI Member

Uh oh.
    The impression I got from the latest version with Rick Heins is that you will be able to use app presets on the GT. Does that mean that all the new amp models / updates will not be possible? That would mean the presets people upload only?
    Hmmm bummer. Guess we'll see.

9. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

I cant believe some guys here dont learn their lesson from the gt and still will buy the gtx.

10. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

NateD81, Fretting out and GuitLoop like this.
  11. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

Plussity Plus.

If you had gone through Mustang V1 -> Mustang V2 -> Mustang GT and now getting a Mustang GTX the money you lost on trade probably would have paid for a Princeton or a Bassbreaker and you'd have had 4-5 years of playing the tube amp already with many many years to come.

More traditional amps don't require you to keep trading up every couple years to get where you're going!

Fretting out and GuitLoop like this.
  12. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

plusity plus plus...exactly. For some reason the buys that keep falling for fenders bs wont just get a real amp after all the poor support and sounds from the gt thing.

13. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

I tried to make the mustang work for me for several years but I bought a DRRI and never looked back. The other day I broke out the mustang...a v2...and tried to rebond with it but it didn't work. Love my DRRI.

14. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I have a Mustang GT...oh, wait...amps...

I have a Mustang I, :oops: I'll let myself out.

MrClint and Fretting out like this.
  15. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

Duh tube amp trumps every day- the mustang sounded better then the gt. but neither compares to a real tube amp. even TM is close but not dynamically same.

16. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

With every iteration they seem to get closer. I'm looking forward to the day when we no longer have to deal with tubes to get great tone. Someday!

Fretting out likes this.
  17. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

Never gonna happen. Thats like saying cant wait till ai is better to talk to then a person or a robot will be better then a person to have sex with.

18. Stratguy70

Stratguy70 TDPRI Member

I bought a Bassbreaker 007. ..Mustang 1. .. M3. .. a GT.
    I bought a Trademark 60... 1970's Champ, Garnet Gnome, Vox Pathfinder 15R, etc. etc.
    I'm looking forward to buying a GTX.

I'm enjoying myself , it makes me happy.
    Thanks!

Fretting out likes this.
  19. Fretting out

Fretting out Friend of Leo's

This thread just got heavy

The Blood, NateD81 and jageya like this.
  20. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

fractal axfx3 with fc6 can do all that!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.