If you like how-to fix-it stuff,

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
fussy work with all those small parts...good job though, he had all the gear.

I'd have made the cover extend over the live outer terminals with slots for the wires, for safety..:)

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
Well, um, not much different than the one on my wall. I want my 25 minutes back. lol....

These operate at low DC voltage, so not much chance of electrocution unless you're standing in water barefoot touching the terminal when someone rings the doorbell.

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
I wish i could do that sort of things but if i tried i would probably end up in hospital with open wounds.

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Yah, I watch a lot of resto videos. I've done some myself over the years...easy to go too far, over-restore, modernize, etc.

Many spend too much time on filing and bondo-filling castings. Blingy, I guess. Sometimes ya gotta sacrifice to get powder-coating to work properly.

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I’m addicted to vintage machinery.org. It’s fascinating watching that guy in his machine shop fabricate parts.

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
Great restoration work -no doubt about that. BUT could this guy build a "scratchy"? That is from nothing and without electric tools. Mick Brierley makes great pickups and started from scratch. Now he sells worldwide and has a waiting list.
I have built an all wood Dreadnought in 2004 with only a drill, chisels and using stewmac instructions, not even a mould. My question is - Could this guy actually build something without a myriad of tools?
I have a great Partscaster that took a year to build. Two reasons money and I didn't even have an electric drill in those days. No neck gaps, soldering iron and screwdrivers. Now it is very similar to a '62 Bound edge Sienna Sunburst and it plays better than my Fender Hwy. 1 ( 2004).