If you decide to vote for players in the MLB All star game

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Vote for Yordan Alvarez. I have been watching baseball since I was a little kid. This guy may be one of the best power hitters I have ever seen. His singles are 102mph off the bat. Even if you hate the Astros, he wasn't with them in 2017 and this guy deserves a vote. Its only for DH so it won't be like you are wasting a vote for your favorite player. If you hate baseball or don't understand it, vote for this guy anyway. I've been really polite about all the international sports discussions (except maybe cricket) so be nice and vote for this guy.

BTW - Almost like play-offs here in Houston, series with the Mets and then the Yankees.

Thank you,
A fan

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Stros are my favorite AL team. Alvarez played on the Express here for a little while a few seasons ago. He’s great. Hope he heals fully soon.

As long as they’re not playing the Braves I’m happy to cheer for Astros and we go to Minutemaid when we are able.

Last edited:

Mr. St. Paul

Tele-Holic
Well, ya won't be voting for any of the Pirates. Maybe some former players. That's what we have to live for in Pittsburgh.
I went to a game last month between Minnesota's AAA team and Pittsburgh's AAA team. Pittsburgh has a shortstop named Oneil Cruz in AAA, and if he puts it all together, you'll be casting All-Star votes for him in the near future. He's got all the tools. And he's 6'7"! I was sitting in the second row behind 3rd base, and when he walked to the dugout after warm-ups, I thought, "Geez...how much bigger is this guy going to get?" :p

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
I went to a game last month between Minnesota's AAA team and Pittsburgh's AAA team. Pittsburgh has a shortstop named Oneil Cruz in AAA, and if he puts it all together, you'll be casting All-Star votes for him in the near future. He's got all the tools. And he's 6'7"! I was sitting in the second row behind 3rd base, and when he walked to the dugout after warm-ups, I thought, "Geez...how much bigger is this guy going to get?" :p
Now I don't get much of a chance to see Triple A ball but I busted to go and see the Williamsport Bills and the Durham Bulls when I was local to them.

I think this league is the best in all of sports. Those guys play their hearts out hoping for a shot at their dreams and they are always good to the fans.

Mr. St. Paul

Tele-Holic
Now I don't get much of a chance to see Triple A ball but I busted to go and see the Williamsport Bills and the Durham Bulls when I was local to them.

I think this league is the best in all of sports. Those guys play their hearts out hoping for a shot at their dreams and they are always good to the fans.
Well, I'm pretty fortunate in that regard. The Saint Paul Saints have been around for 30 years. For most of that time, they were in an unaffiliated minor league, but 2 years ago they became the Minnesota Twins AAA team. They have a beautiful ballpark in downtown Saint Paul, about a mile from my house. The most expensive ticket is $20 and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. And yes, you get to see top-tier ballplayers trying to get to the show, or occasionally actual big leaguers doing rehab stints.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
Well, ya won't be voting for any of the Pirates. Maybe some former players. That's what we have to live for in Pittsburgh.

I think you might have a winner in him.

Linkslover

Tele-Meister
Too late.

I already voted for Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Ron Santo Don messier
Kessenger, Glenn Beckert and Randy Hundley.

Chip

Friend of Leo's
He’s got my vote as well as Kirk. The rest of my votes go to Guardians.

As for those that poo-poo the All-Star Game here’s a little story for you….

Last night over dinner the discussion turned to tattoos. My now 17 year old son told me that he really has no intentions of getting one but if he did he said it would have to be something that would have tremendous meaning to him. He said that if I suddenly died he would have the date of the 2019 All-Star Game tattooed on his arm. We went to all of the events in Cleveland together and shared some of the greatest father/son bonding moments that anyone could ever dream of.
FE394A04-B40F-4E44-A594-EAAD743CAF74.jpeg

D6CFC148-6E84-4AEC-8C9F-DF2BA33A171B.jpeg

I guess what I’m trying to say is…
The game is as much for the fans than it is for showcasing the Stars of game.

JIMMY JAZZMAN

Tele-Afflicted
I just voted for all the eligible Baltimore Orioles. That's right, I'm a homer. They're much
better than last year, but being in the same division as the Yankees, Red Sox and Blue Jays,
they won't get much love. Mullins in center will probably be traded for "prospects", as the
wheel just keeps spinning. Once upon a time the O's were the best, I do hope they can
return to their past glory.

bactrian666

TDPRI Member
Silver Supporter
Big time Yankee fan but only Judge got my vote this year, spread the rest out among of the deserving. Cut the cord this year and can only watch out of market teams and none of the Sunday ESPN games. Luckily I live in Oakland so the A's and Giants are my local blacked out teams

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I've had some great times at all star games... got to meet some nice people and enjoy seeing a ton of talent all at one time. It is fun to root for your team and the players you love... all fun and good stuff.

We were at the yard sunday to see my beloved Giants play like minor leaguers agains the Reds (who are mostly minor leaguers this year)... but it was still a wonderful day.

I'll put in a vote for Alvarez for you man! My favorite players this year are Thairo Estrada and Camilo Doval... They aren't all stars, but boy they go hard and give it their all and are very young too.