If you could play only one Tele, what would it be?

Clifton C

Tele-Afflicted
I was just curious--if you could pick only one Tele to play, what would it be? You can consider Teles you've had in the past, Teles you currently own, or Teles you plan to buy in the future. I would also include any guitar (such as partscasters or G&Ls, etc.) that aren't specifically Telecasters.

Mine would probably be the Tele I just bought, a candy apple red American Vintage Reissue 72 thinline.

BradL

Friend of Leo's
I'd like to play a real (not R/I) Broadcaster or Nocaster but I've never owned one and am not sure there is one in my immediate future sad to say.

Televised

Friend of Leo's
I'd like to eventually own:
1. Ron Kirn's Barnbuster
1.a Chihoe Hahn's 228

I could not pick between the two, maybe with a gun to my head the "Barnbuster".

hwy145

Tele-Afflicted
The one that feels just right in my hands. I can fix the sound, but is hard to make a guitar feel "right." I have 5, I always grab the same one...

TeleKato

Friend of Leo's
If only one -- and really only one -- then it would be my Desperadoville 'Mellecaster' (Nocaster clone). It lives upstairs, in my bedroom, so I can grab it on my way out of the house in the event of calamity (Jane or otherwise).

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 109
  • photo (9).jpg
    photo (9).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

jmiles

Friend of Leo's
The Billy Goat! Best Tele I've had in 50 years!

Attachments

• IM001818.jpg
    IM001818.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 128

Skub

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm fickle.

At the moment my partscaster is being played to death.I tell myself it's because I need to play it to highlight any build issues needing correction,but I think I lie to myself. Fender OVs are the biz.

IMG_2909.jpg

Lawson

Tele-Holic
Great thread! Even though I don't have much experience with a lot of different tele's, I want to contribute.

I know I have a really good feel for the 52. Atleast the neck, its so raw! And I fell in love with dakota reds lately, so I'm gonna get a niiice dakota finish and a black pickguard.. And that would probably be it!

customshop-dlx-tele-dakota-maple-large.JPG

By the way, would a tele get a signifficantly slimmer / sharper edge to it, if finished with a thinskin?

vanguard

Friend of Leo's
ri nocaster. i've known that since i first picked one up in '03. greatest tele ever made, vintage or otherwise IMO.

telejoseph

Tele-Meister
Definately my new MIM. I've owned 2 teles: that and a Squier Standard, and played many more. I can honestly say I will never get rid of it unless it got repossessed! :)