If You Could Choose One Tele, What Would It Be?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Sotakoira Musti, Apr 20, 2019.

1. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Fender Baja 50s. Does everything, even a Strat position 4 tone.

2. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

You never forget your first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clifton C likes this.
  3. rxtech

rxtech Tele-Holic

I’d say it’s a toss up between Danish Pete’s purple tele, Dan from That Pedal Show’s red tele, or Robben Ford’s white tele.

Clifton C likes this.
  4. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

My AV 52. Love this guitar !

Sotakoira Musti likes this.
  5. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Never owned many so not speaking from the experience of playing loads of models but, at this moment, it’d be my last acquisition, an American Pro in Butterscotch. Genuinely the best, most ‘me’ guitar I’ve ever owned.

6. Brazen

Brazen Tele-Meister

That would be my favorite. I so love that combination of yellowed white, rosewood board and white pickguard. Really strange, I like all my other guitars sunburst, but can't stand it on a Tele ...

7. Fenderdad1950

Fenderdad1950 Tele-Holic

One that I have never seen and one that I am working towards. I have the Nashville Tele, but looking for the wide range neck pup off of a 72 custom, to put in place of the standard neck pickup. It might be available from Fender :D

8. mfguitar

mfguitar Tele-Afflicted

Tough call but I have a James Burton MIJ that is great, was my main guitar for years then the band heard my 60th anniversary and that was the end of that. The MIJ guitars that I have played just have a great "played for decades" feel to them.

9. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Afflicted

10. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Meister

Well, I don't like parameters either. I just wanted to know what people would buy if you must stay within Fender's basic products. I've got 2 LE Teles and one more LE is coming. My only one within parameters was sold today. And I won't exclude other manufacturers, if I'm searching for Tele of my dreams. For instance, my bandmate's Nash T52 is fabulous, even though I'm not so keen on relicing.

Unfortunately your link ditches me to Fender's main page. But dlx hinline isn't a bad choice!

11. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Afflicted

What I love most about Fender is the ease to which they can modded. This would be my base, but if I only could have one, it would get a Bisgby & I'd ditch the noiseless pickups for something more traditional.

12. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Meister

Yep, I love modding! Too bad my Teles are that kinda that I feel I must keep them original (rare(ish) and probably sought after). That's why I bought a Player to be a base for modding, managed to replace crappy bridge to vintage with compensated saddles. Then I sold it. But a Baja is on it's way, so there's no need to keep it original.

Stratsandaks and G.Rotten like this.
  13. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

Clifton C and Sotakoira Musti like this.
  14. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Afflicted

Right now my main Tele is an MIM Nashville Deluxe, but I've de-Nash'd it by removing the middle pup (as well as the other 2) & putting in a 4 way with a mystery set of pickups I bought from a dude who got them from luthier buddy 10 years before. Likely hand made 60's style but the bridge is putting out over 10k.

My one & only Tele would have this set in it.

15. regularslinky

regularslinky Tele-Afflicted

If it is to be my only Tele I think I’d go with the Ritchie Kotzen signature. I have this pickup combination in a homemade Tele and it is the most versatile I’ve ever used.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Afflicted

The 78 Telecaster Custom that is my thumbnail image. I have had theat guitar for 2 decades. It plays great, sounds awesome and looks totally stellar. It is my number 1 guitar.

17. rxtech

rxtech Tele-Holic

I don’t really care for sunburst Teles either, unless it’s double bound!

18. hockey guy

hockey guy Tele-Meister

My AVRI 64 Telecaster. Love that guitar. :D

Clifton C likes this.
  19. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

if I had to choose one and one only, HMM.........
    I'd go with this one
    in Hawaii

hawaii-telescope-protest-mountain2.si.jpg

Sotakoira Musti and maggieo like this.
  20. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted

Frustratingly, it doesn't exist for me.
    I do a lot to what I get anyway... but the closest stock model that's existed that I'm aware of to date has been the Highway One Texas Telecaster, long-discontinued now.
    That's the best 'platform' from which I can work (to date), as it's got the features and - most definitely admittedly - idiosyncrasies that make me happy.
    That includes fretboard radius, neck profile, fret size (though I'd prefer even larger ones), 50s stylings, most definitely the headstock layout for logo, string retainer, and I'm fine with working with the vintage split style tuners (which would be retrofit directly with Gotoh locking SDS510HAP-M units, plus a Keith Banjo D-Tuner on the low-E), etc. etc.
    I'd have to go custom shop to get something closer to what I prefer; they would have to part together various components to arrive where I prefer to arrive, including JBE Modern-T pickups, Barden bridge, .
    ... so, admittedly, this isn't really anything but data to add into the mix of replies to this interesting thread.

I feel very fortunate to have 4 Texas Teles which I've modified to my liking... but still find myself wishing that Fender would reintroduce this model.

... I can say, though, that I could probably get by with a (50s) Baja stock. It doesn't feature the 12" fretboard radius I prefer, but 9-1/2" is quite serviceable. I do have a Baja that I'm quite fond of.
    When I replace pickups to achieve noiseless function, my yardstick for the sound in general is the Broadcaster (or whatever that's called now) / Twisted Tele combination.
    The HOoP is quite important to me as well.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.