If yon plague cometh, I will __________

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Feb 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Correction accepted.

I will? I will force myself to finally finish watching The Irishman.

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I remember it well. I caught a variant of it from a coworker and was sick for 2 months... it was the worst I'd felt since having pneumonia and staph infection at 20 (hospitalized for almost a week) They did a good job of containing bird flu so it was a mystery or non even for most, but if you got it... you remember it.

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Apparently @Buckocaster51 's warning has not made the rounds yet.;)

Shuster likes this.
  4. arlum

arlum Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I hug my wife and tell her I love her.

Sorry if this sounds wimpy. Debi's defined my whole life since we started dating in high school. 46 years married last January.

RoscoeElegante and Pualee like this.
  5. BigDaddyLH

Mortality rate for SARS was 10%, and for MERS 34%.

6. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

just gonna put out there that you can't have a real conversation about this without talking about access to health care, which is an inherently political topic. i worry that not wanting the medical debt or fear of missed wages will make it way worse.

7. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Not even close to a pandemic. Roughly 2% mortality rate. Much ado about not much of anything. Turn off the evening news...

Pualee and notmyusualuserid like this.
  8. BigDaddyLH

Just got an email blast from my company's VP:

We are continuing to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (previously referred to as coronavirus). As always, the safety of our people is our top priority. A significant number of countries across the globe are experiencing cases of COVID-19 with the number of cases continuing to increase.

Previously we had communicated that all business-related travel to China, Macau, and Hong Kong was prohibited. Effective immediately, all international business-related travel is limited to essential travel only. International travel is defined as travel outside of the country that you are based in. The only exception is travel between the United States and Canada.

At this time, [company] does not consider any international travel to be essential. If you believe that international travel is essential, please reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner to discuss your specific situation prior to making arrangements. Any decision to travel internationally without explicit approval from your manager or HR Business Partner is not authorized and is undertaken at your own risk and responsibility.

Due to the severity of this virus, we understand that you may be concerned about your own health. If you are an office-based worker who is experiencing flu-like symptoms, we ask that you please work remotely or take time off until your symptoms subside in order to recover and keep your fellow workers safe. Please be sure to keep your manager informed of your work schedule.

If you have recently traveled either for business or personal reasons from China, Macau, Hong Kong, or any other countries labeled as Warning – Level 3 or Alert – Level 2 as reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to another office, we ask that you quarantine yourself for a period of 14 days (the period of time that symptoms may appear after exposure, as reported by the CDC). If you experience flu-like symptoms during this period, you are strongly encouraged to contact your medical provider immediately.​

9. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

That would be true if we could for sure trust what the Chinese say and I am not convinced that they are trustworthy in this instance. Guess time will tell. Get ready for it!

10. BigDaddyLH

If it's not accurate do you really think the actual number is less????

11. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Photos like these really stun me. I've seen too many apocalyptical Sci Fi movies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Pualee

Pualee Tele-Holic

... Nothing different for me. Ain't nobody gonna worry me to death!

Seriously, not worried (if you are referring to the news), and not likely to be if you are referring to about anything else in the world.

Folks been screaming doom and gloom at me ever since I was in grade school (did you know one day our Sun will burn out?). Try having a legit Vietnam refugee for a teacher when the first Gulf War broke out and everyone was afraid of chemical/biological scud missiles. People been scaring me for too long.

Everybody dies once, scared or not. I chose to not be.

notmyusualuserid likes this.
  13. Bluetelecaster

Bluetelecaster Tele-Holic

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!!!

Shuster, Recce and blowtorch like this.
  14. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

The population of China: ~1,400,000,000.
    Confirmed cases of Covid-19 in China: 78,000*
    Mortality from Covid-19 in China: 1,868

I'm still not panicking.

*BMJ 18/2/20

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  15. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I ordered a guit from china not long ago, and I plan on going to Chin's Asian West for lunch over the weekend

backporchmusic likes this.
  16. darkwaters

darkwaters Tele-Afflicted

Play my guitar, but then I'd do that anyway.

The way I look at it, if one thing don't kill ya, another will. Just add that to the (very long) list.

17. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

If I get quarantined first, I'm finally going to learn how to play Jessica.

darkwaters and RoscoeElegante like this.
  18. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Meister

Very surprised

19. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

We had a near identical message over 3 weeks ago. starting this past Monday we have to pass through thermal measurement cameras as we enter the buildings. They have also reduced the number of access points.

tery likes this.
  20. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

You might as well be talking about it here, everyone else is. You can't turn on the radio, the television, or go out of the house without someone mentioning it. I took my wife to the doctor yesterday for something unrelated and they had masks out on the counter for you to take if you have ANY kind of cold or are sneezing or coughing. Still, I'm pretty sure this ain't the end of the world.

Israel is on the verge of a breakthrough in developing a vaccine, and say they might have it ready in three months. That's better than any other country that's working on it. People who have AIDS which was once a death sentence are walking around alive that have had the disease for years now. We as humans have usually been able to come up with a solution when called upon. IF I get it, I'll try and fight it, I lived through the so called Asian Flu in the late fifties, had it and survived. If it's your time, or my time to go, there ain't a whole lot you can do about it, if it's not, there ain't a hell of a lot you can do about it.

notmyusualuserid likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.