If this continues, I might have to subscribe to World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by cometazzi, Apr 9, 2020.

1. cometazzi

cometazzi Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I don't expect a whole lot of folks here to be WoW Heads, but I joined about 4 years ago after a decade or so of resistance. I've put in a month or so at a time here and there since then.

I've played all the Vanilla Minecraft I can play on a server with a dozen or so people, and I really think my Orc Warrior needs some love, now.

I really enjoyed WoW Classic last fall, and I think I'm about ready to engage in it again. The problem is that all productivity grinds to a halt with those old MMORPGs.

I feel like I should be sorry. Convince me!

marc2211 likes this.
  2. Muinarc

Muinarc Tele-Meister

I have only played about 2 games per year since I hit my 30’s but I've been thinking a lot about digging into my backlog lately. I own probably 4 games I've never even booted up!

marc2211 likes this.
  3. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

I have never been big on online gaming, but i might do fallout new vegas again, once i am finished with legend of grimrock. That is some geek talking right there.

4. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Holic

I have played since closed beta, so late 2003 - nearly 17 years ago. These days I go for years without playing, then resub now and again when I have the time and catch up. I resubbed up after 2 years at the start of quarantine.

For the Alliance!!

5. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

6. glenlivet

glenlivet Tele-Meister

cataclysm dda --- the game you can play forever.

marc2211 likes this.
  7. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

Man, I used to play WoW back in the day. My buddies and I from work would all get online each night and quest. It was a fun, social thing to do (well, online social). I truly did enjoy it but the thing that really turned me off about WoW is the time comittment to play it. Realistically, you need to set aside at least 2 hours in order to get some real progress, especially at the higher levels.

The vanilla WoW re-release is tempting as I would like to relive those great memories of playing, but I'm afraid without the same friends nor the same time to commit, I'll have to pass.

marc2211 and nicknklv like this.
  8. cometazzi

I came in very late to the party. I initially bought the game in 2004 for my (at the time) girlfriend's birthday. I figured I'd follow up with my own copy and we could play it together and it'd be rad. However, she made me return it, stating that she has no self-control for a game like that. She told me nefarious projections of losing her job, ceasing to follow hygiene practices or even eating, just so she could play.

We split up in 2008, and I nearly got into it then. I was traveling a lot for work, so it wasn't in the cards. I got into some other games around that time, and later was playing Torchlight, Oblivion and other RPG type things (just not online). I went back to college in 2009 and just didn't have time for anything.

I finally pulled the trigger in 2016, about a month or so before Legion dropped. I really liked it and had a great time, but it was definitely a bit overwhelming for a latecomer like me. Still, I would sub off and on a month or two here and there, and usually by about the end of the month I was a little 'WoWed-out'.

Last summer/fall when Classic got relaunched, I resubbed to play that, and I loved that so much more. It's harder and 'slower' so things feel like they matter more, and much more socially interactive. In the Current game you hardly ever interact with anyone, unless they're coming to gank you. In Classic it's like a big huge party. People talking to each other, dancing, doing silly antics, teaming up to bring down bosses, etc. My sub ended right about the time that school was picking up again so I didn't renew it, but it was the first time I got to day 30 and just wanted to play more more more.

And yeah, the time commitment is really a thing as you say, Nubs. There's just not enough hours in the day.

For the Horde!

marc2211 likes this.
  9. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

I'm playing Skyrim remastered on my PS-4. It has the DLC included so it should keep me busy for a while yet. :cool:

marc2211 likes this.
  10. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

. . . subscribe

11. cometazzi

Did.

Should I regret it?

tery likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.