If it's not Scottish it's...

CJM3309

Tele-Holic
if-its-not-scottish-its-crap.jpg

Phrygian77

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
When you rebuild it in another 30 years you can use red and white checked cloth and made it an Italian restaurant amp.

I think I wasted 20 minutes just now trying to rewrite Scenes from an Italian Restaurant into a song about an Italian restaurant amp. Now I need an Irn-Bru and a couple paracetamol.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
1st step is the cab.

The adhesive you use matters greatly. If you roll/brush contact cement on the cab and the fabric, the cement in its liquid form will saturate the cloth and darken it. Even if you try to go lightly, it will soak through in places and create a blotchy appearance. I learned about this years ago when I covered a cab with cotton denim.

Best bet is to use a spray-on contact adhesive such as 3M 77. Use several very light mist coats on the fabric, rather than one or two heavy coats. That gives the solvents a chance to gas off and not soak through the material.

Same goes for applying any clear coating to it when done: it will soak the fabric and darken it, and it will remain dark.

Just like with any clear finish over wood, you can get a pretty good idea of what the finished color will look like if you wet it down with water.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Tullamore Dew, gasoline and a match. Whisky neat and watch it burn, sorry I have no patience for the redo.
Tullamore, home of my wife's mother's family, county town of Offaly in the Republic of Ireland. Too good to waste.

somebodyelseuk

Tele-Meister
Just to make it clear, I look nothing like FatBastxxx :) except the fair hair

Here's me attempting a Scottish classic, including massed bagpipes (thanks to multi layering a single note and drones), if that sound doesn't stir something in you, you have no soul!

I don't have the patience for posting to youtube, but here's something I knocked out a few years back.

dougsta

Tele-Meister
Been thinking about the chassis and front control panel...

IMG_0060.jpg

Here's the speaker and rear chassis view, choice of the Peavey Sheffield or the original Fender one...

IMG_0061.jpg