1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

If it were possible to liquify pure hate....

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 4pickupguy, Mar 2, 2014.

1. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I spent years looking for my heat limit. I got a bottle of Dave's and found my limit there, along with what a lot of you have said - heat for heat's sake, no flavor.

After months of using a drop here, a drop there, and not enjoying it, I got tired of seeing the bottle mocking me in the fridge. I dumped it down the drain in the kitchen.

Big. Mistake.

The whole first floor of the house became an eye burn zone. Your eyes would start to burn in the garage. I "borrowed" a box of baking soda from a neighbor, and along with one I had, I did a series of a half box in the drain, plug and fill the sink, wait 10 minutes, drain the water, wait 10 minutes, start over. I did this 4 times before you could be in the house for more than 1 minute.

The smell and the eye irritant lasted about 3 days. A word to the wise - put the bottle in a plastic bag and put that in the trash. Don't dump it down the drain.

I still like hot food, but I no longer look for a limit. Tastes good? Burns a little? Works for me.

2. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

What's the point. Everything tastes like using a cheese grater on your tongue followed by salt and vinegar

3. Justinvs

Justinvs Poster Extraordinaire

Actually that's why I prefer the taste of Dave's over a ot of the milder hot sauces. So many of them have way too much of a vinegar taste, but Dave's really doesn't. You get a more concentrated heat without the sour vinegar flavor.

4. Chancerubbage

Chancerubbage Tele-Meister

Actually most high scoville hot sauces are sort of stunt sauce flag ships for the companies milder stuff, and over all, I think the sales trend is towards more flavorful hot sauces than towards pure heat.

5. timmer

timmer Tele-Afflicted

I once ate a Scotch Bonnet pepper, being my "macho" self and I swear, I could feel it going through every inch of my body.

Me, I'm sticking with Tabasco with eggs and Crystal on everything else...

6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Frat boy stunt food.

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

That's why I don't like Tabasco. If I wanted vinegar, I'd use a salad dressing.

8. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

My dad used to drink Tabasco sauce straight out of the bottle. Disgusting stuff.

9. timmer

timmer Tele-Afflicted

It's so disgusting that it's in almost every restaurant in the world.

I'm being a little defensive here, but I was in many countries while in the Navy, and every major and minor place I sat to eat had a bottle of Tabasco on the the table. I thought that was really neat.

10. jmiles

jmiles Friend of Leo's

"You've got to pass it, to find out what's in it!"

I grow my own Thai And Habernero chilies. I have a dehydrator, and thats how I keep them, in mason jars with a "Danger; Radioactive" label. I like to take the dried Thai jobs, put some oil in my wok, and fry them until they turn black. That flavors the oil. Then do my stir-fry, crumbling in the blackened peppers. Very delicious hot and smokey flavor/ Try it! But,,,, be warned,,, Have a good hood vent, and DO NOT BREATH IN THE SMOKE COMING OFF THE WOK!

11. stealyerface

stealyerface Tele-Afflicted

Pretty much every restaurant should have two bottles that NEVER are out of stock:

Tabasco and Frank's Red Hot.

Those two bottles will get your through until the fancy stuff comes in.

Tabasco, actually McIllhenny, has done a nice job of adding some flavors to their mix, and right now, aside from my homemadestuff , the Green Jalapeno Sauce and the Habanero are my go-to staples for the pantry.

For those that have not tried the Habanero version of Tabasco, it is hot.

~syf

12. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I like my food to taste like what it is.

I'm cooking a steak right now and will eat it plain with plain steamed veggies. Delicious

13. Chancerubbage

Chancerubbage Tele-Meister

What I 'sauce, ' sometimes sparingly.

Mexican and Chinese dishes
    Breakfast burritos
    Chili
    Soup
    BBQ
    Spaghetti Sauce

Because the garden variety of prepared versions of these most available on grocery shelves usually need -something-. They are afraid to offend and are frequently too sweet. Sometimes red beans and rice although it usually has plenty of flavor already

14. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

Well, apparently I survived the ordeal. The nurses say the RADS are returning to "safe for limited exposure" levels and that they were able to "reduce the glowing".. what ever that means.... They now all call me "Castle Bravo" and snicker as if it were some hilarious inside joke. I feel ok but very numb as I have an ice pack in... well, I have an ice pack. I disagree with the Dave's has no flavor crowd. I think the flavor is great! This is why I kept eating it. Its just Pure Concentrated Evil hot!!! Stupid hot!!! I have had the little Thai peppers mentioned a lot when I was in Thailand. The locals wanted to see the Farang suffer and laugh. I held my own with those (mostly out of pride) but they were nothing like Dave's. My wife said her eyes stung when she went into the kitchen while it was cooking so I'm guessing I over did it.:eek: It was so hot it is actually hard to put into words. Have you ever done a belly buster from the high dive at a swimming pool? well, take all that pain (I say this because the pain is very similar), turn it into a flavor and concentrate it onto the corners of your mouth. Now, Do that about 10 more times and place it on your tongue using a riding crop. Did I mention this stuff is hot?:oops:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  15. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

Heat + flavor = that's the ticket!

16. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

I think a lot of it must have to do with individual biology or whatever you might call it. I have an extremely high tolerance to hot sauce and love it. The stuff that most people think of as hot sauce…Tabasco, Sylvia's XXX, Frank's, Cholula et al…is too mild for me, one step away from ketchup. El Yucateco, to me, is a nice flavorful mild sauce. So, once in a while I need Dave's Inferno or Insanity or…Dave's Mega Death. Now THAT'S hot sauce! Two drops and…wow. But I don't eat it because I'm a masochist frat boy. I eat it…because I like it. I don't find the next day to be so bad either.

17. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

I love hot food. Once you get used to the initial burn, the flavor of the sauce comes out and some of them are truly delicious.

Ghost chilies are the ones to stay away from with food. They can, quite literally, induce heart attack.

18. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

My boys grow Ghost Chillis and are about to put in some Scorpions, they actually cook and taste rather well if you don't over do it

19. jonsongz

jonsongz Tele-Meister

I'm a cook at a restaurant that specializes in chicken wings. Our hottest concoction includes a few drops from a tiny bottle of concentrated peppers that pour out as thick as catsup. I always use gloves when preparing the recipe as I once closed the cap on the little bottle without them. My fingers felt the burn for hours after. Would never want to ingest that stuff.

20. TwangyWhammy

TwangyWhammy Friend of Leo's

I like hot sauce… especially the Thai "sriracha" type of sauce, nice blend. It's real hot but the heat doesn't linger for as long. I can literally pour that on when I'm in the mood.

[​IMG]

But I do have a threshold, I only enjoy Tabasco in small drops with pizza…

My theory is the smaller the bottle it comes in, the more weaponized it is! :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.