If it aint broke

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by scotheath, Dec 12, 2018.

1. scotheath

scotheath TDPRI Member

A couple years back I picked up a used Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s in Butterscotch, took a bite to get set up the way I like but now its the 1 I grab and play most at home. I picked up a couple fender 250 pots and a fender 3 way switch at a music store that was closing out and thought I'd put them in 1 day as a little upgrade, I did it last week, first thing to come out was the new fender 3 way switch, I couldn't get it to stop buzzing, sounded like a ground issue to me, I checked all the solder joints 3 times and couldn't get it to stop buzzing except if I was touching the strings, put the stock switch back in no more buzzing. And I just finished putting the stock 250 Alpha pots back in because the taper on the fender brand pots is terrible, no sound till at 4 or 5, long story short, leave well enough alone.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  2. t guitar floyd

t guitar floyd Tele-Holic

So right! I have an 8 year old CV 50s Strat that was going to be a mod platform. Have '54 RI CS pickups, CTS pots & switch, etc all sitting in a drawer. The guitar sounds so good I left all the electronics stock. I did get a US Vintage bridge installed as I can't play on that narrow spacing. But, onstage, that CV sounds just like my MIA and MIM Strats or at least close enough.

telestratosonic likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.